Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

It's D day.....

More
5 years 7 months ago #10112 by titan55
titan55 replied the topic: Re: It's D day.....
i am happy brook that you got through having those needles.you are a brave person.well done.take care.

chronic migraines and headaches for over 25 years.
intercystitial cystitis.
chronic facial pain due to allergies
irratable bowel syndrome
chronic upper tummy pain
fibromyalgia
depression

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #10117 by di
di replied the topic: Re: It's D day.....
Hi Brook,

Checking up on how you're feeling today?
I hope you're noticing a big difference. xo

• Brook
  • Brook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #10118 by Brook
Brook replied the topic: Re: It's D day.....
I have no pain today!!! I almost can't believe it! Picture a short red head in polka dot pyjamas doing hula hoop moves with a silly grin on her face and that was me this morning. I'm actually crying happy tears. So, while the SI injections are darn painful and only the start of stopping my pain, and this might only be temporary relief, I've so much more gumption in me to stick with this.
I didn't get my wish for A good night's sleep last night. Copped an elbow in the cheek from my partner who I swear was dreaming about flying. Lol.
Only other weird side effect from the injections is that I look like I've been slapped on the bum with a dinner plate. I don't have the smallest posterior, and right now it's bright red. I look like a Mandrill Monkey.

More
5 years 7 months ago #10120 by Eliza
Eliza replied the topic: Re: It's D day.....
Hi Brook, No PAIN is wonderful,no sleep is shocking! Tears whether they're good or bad are good, iv'e shed heaps of them lately. Hmmm well, i was wondering about your leg pain how's that? And what about your weak legs. I was unsuccessful with the 3 lots of injections except a few days of less back pain, nothing for the calves n feet. I got a huge red face with my injections, Santa would've been jealous...hahaha

I hope 'your no pain continues' so you can enjoy and have quality of life. :kiss:

• Brook
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #10127 by Brook
Eliza, my legs are actally better then my back, after moving around a bit pain in my lower back has gone up to a 3 (the disco hula moves this morning might have been pushing things a bit) but top of my calves and quads are fine. Those muscles just feel a bit "tired" similar to after a run or a long hike. I went to the supermarket before, got in and out of the car and walked around the shopping centre and didn't once get distracted by my back. Amazing! And I could notice things going on around me 'cos I wasn't watching my feet to make sure I didn't fall.

• Brook
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #10128 by Brook
A monkey-butt is a very small price to pay for these gifts. How long did it take for your redness to settle down?

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153