Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

It's D day.....

More
5 years 7 months ago #10470 by di
di replied the topic: Re: It's D day.....
I feel so let down for you. :( How are you going Brook? xo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brook
  • Brook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #10472 by Brook
Brook replied the topic: Re: It's D day.....
Hi guys,
I'm doing ok now, I took my own advice and called the pain clinic first thing this morning. Not the best news. Doc wants me to hang 10 and keep monitoring my pain levels for the rest of the week. Good news is they have said I can take painkillers, I've just got to record what I take. I've figured out that it's inflammation in the joint causing most of the problem so I've had some Naprosyn, seems to be calming everything down but if I keep taking it, I know it's going to mess with the results. Sigh. Legs are working again, but I keep getting the sensation exactly as if I' ve left something in the back pocket of my jeans and sat on it. Checked my pockets a few times, nothing there! Lol.
I called work today, we're going to alter my daily hours when I get back next week. I've been resisting doing that until now, but I think it's time to bite the bullet. Even if I chop an hour off the start and end of my day it'll help with managing the pain and the boss is happy for me to use my leave to do this.
Mother in law called today and went on a bit about me being too young to be going through this. (I'm in my 30s) didn't have the energy to tell her this isn't an age related issue.
Why does everyone have to have an answer as to why I'm so broken. I just am. I think the conversation, even of she meant well has left me feeling a little bit defined by my medical condition. I think when I'm feeling better I'd better talk to her about it.

• Brook
  • Brook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
5 years 6 months ago #11323 by Brook
Brook replied the topic: Re: It's D day.....
Bump!
Went back to the Clinic today - can't believe it's been 4 weeks already! Doc is pretty confident it's sacroiliac joint pain so we go ahead and treat that.
Still in pain, so the plan of attack is another round of the cortisone shots with Prolotherapy, and another 2 sessions of prolo booked in after that.
Doc suggested I go see this physio that do biomechanical mapping via devices stuck to my back and legs to see if I can improve my activity levels, posture and avoid activities that set off the SIJ pain. He says that they had some patients do a trial and that it seemed to make a good percentage of difference in those who had them (sorry, can't for the life of me think of the name of the company or the product). He's an evidence based kinda guy.
What the hell. I'll give it a crack if it isn't super expensive.
Sooooo I've got a plan but it doesn't mean i'll be out of pain any time soon and from what I've seen so far about prolotherapy, it'll almost certainly cause a major flare up. :unsure:
First round is end of Jan. I'm being sedated for this lot (soo not up for that kind of pain again) Actually, I wasn't given an option to not be sedated. Think the wounded moose crying last time made a lasting impression :blush:
Only grumble i had about today's appointment is that I asked if the glucose solution for the prolo is wheat based ('cos I'm gluten intolerant) and I was rather quickly encouraged to look it up myself. :huh: it's all good, it's corn based & gluten free, but it only took me a couple of minutes of googling to find out - why do I have to do it!?!

More
5 years 5 months ago #12382 by Raphael
Raphael replied the topic: Re: It's D day.....
OMG! Brook, after reading your post re your SI Joint injection experience, I can honestly say that I am having heart palpations thinking about my appointment next Tuesday! Dr said he uses lidocaine so I was under the impression it wouldn't hurt too much.... :( If I get relief from the SI injection, I too will be having prolotherapy. Let me know how you go and I will let you know my progress. Hey whats a little extra pain, we're CP survivors afterall (still nervous) :S

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
Atticus Finch - To Kill A Mockingbird

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153