Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
5 years 4 months ago #10136 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Re: New Member
Hi Ian,

Welcome aboard!
Can't wait to hear more about your journey. I've had my chronic pain for 53 years and have sort of accepted that I'll be broken till they nail the lid shut on my coffin. But hey, there's always a chance I might get a bit respite at some point aye!

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eagles19
  • eagles19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
5 years 4 months ago #10146 by eagles19
eagles19 replied the topic: Re: New Member
Firstly, Thank you DI, Fee Eliza, Mary, Peter, for your kind words and a wonderful welcome. WoW, I'm a bit overwhelmed with your responses, so soon after posting my story. I have had a busy day catching up with a dear friend whom i haven't seen for a couple of years. It was a good day. After reading a couple of your messages, i could feel an "urgency " to reply but i knew today was going to be busy, but more importantly, i have to figure out on how to start, what to say, as there are so many parts of my journey since August last year, then 25 years of being on the "treadmill " until meeting someone who could help me, where the system i was in had nothing other than take more medication, or lets try sticking needles into all parts of my spine ! Excuse my flippancy, i'm sure you have a good idea on what i'm saying.
There are many aspects to what i am doing to get to where i am today, so much to get it into an order on the learning, understanding, belief, then total commitment to get this to work, to get a result, then another, to keep raising the bar, its very full on, but so rewarding. I'm just an ordinary guy, now tapping away on my laptop, opening up my life as it is to people i don't know, but i know that this is how it is meant to be. I'm going to call my physio " coach ", which she is, she is highly qualified, has worked with both Commonwealth and Olympic athletes, a truly wonderful person who has given so much to me, and for me in return is giving back in results, proving beyond doubt, that we can make change, positive, powerful change. The difference with me and where i am today, is the speed to where i am, as to where others are, given the same time line, and that is where it is important to understand that family commitments, work, all take up valuable time. I live on my own, my family are mostly in Western Australia, and if you are a mum or dad, where do you get a couple of hours each day, or more, to mentally retrain your body or parts to do something that it hasn't done in years ? We all have our own pathways, but i'm feeling such a positive energy from your messages, i said to coach a few weeks ago that i would be selfish not to share this, and if one persons life could change because of this, how truly wonderful.
I want to recommend a book to read on understanding pain, but i think it is available only through a website, and i need to ask CPA through " coach " what is the protocol, as the book does cost to buy, don't want to get into trouble !!
Keep positive, keep searching, and never, never give up ! Peter, 54 years with this ! Take my hat off to you mate....

5 years 4 months ago #10152 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: Re: New Member
Thanks Ian, for giving us a bit more of your story.

I am particularly interested because you mention about getting off the medication treadmill...well my problem is that my system has become so sensitive through having CP that I can't take any of the myriad of medications that I have been trialled on because of adverse side effects. So currently the only thing that helps slightly with my pain or sleep is a muscle relaxant which is highly I guess it's not surprising that my ears prick up when you mentioned getting off medication, but having such a turn around in your life.

I have recommended a book on this forum as have others and even the website of where to get it. I would think that the thing that CPA would only be adverse to is if you gained financial benefit from telling us about the book. My understanding of our forum is that it's ok to share about resources if they have been helpful to us personally and therefore, in the spirit of sharing, we tell others about it in case it can be helpful to them too.

I would love you to just cut to the chase, Ian, and tell us what you have been doing that's made such a difference to you. Each post wets my appetite a bit more, but leaves the meat out :) I guess living with constant pain doesn't give one a lot of room for patience and if someone says they've found something that's helped so much, you just want them to spill the beans about it without too much preamble lol!

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #10155 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Re: New Member
To all on this site be careful, this forum is open to all and any sharing should be done in the open for all to see, if anyone is asking you to correspond outside this forum be careful. To many vulnerable people have been led down the garden path by shonky people fleecing every cent out of them in the promise of a cure. I have concerns this may be happening, I may be wrong and I hope I am not, but if you have something to share that may be helpful why drag it on and not just come out with the information.

Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by grappers.

5 years 4 months ago #10156 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: Re: New Member
Well said Don. We are a vulnerable bunch of people and, while we work on ways to accept and live with our CP, it's just human nature to rather be without pain every day...and that does make us vulnerable....especially when info is given on someone's life turning around to do activities that we can only dream of; but no info on how they got there (no disrespect intended Ian, but I have felt like I've been reading one of those internet marketing letters and each post has had just a bit more promise, but no actual details). Like Don, I hope I am wrong, and you are just genuinely having difficulty gathering your thoughts on how to explain what you've been doing to make such a change in your life. My suggestion is to just start at the beginning and just go for it. As a lot of us have found on this site, what works for one person, doesn't necessarily work for another. However, we are all open minded about different methods people have found to help with their own CP. This forum is not only about support, but also about sharing what is for most of us here a very difficult journey.

5 years 4 months ago #10157 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Re: New Member
Well said Don & Fee,

Ian, if you are marketing something, you will need to apply via the management of CPA. We are a support forum here and we can't allow people to use us to market their wares. If you are in need of support, then feel free to continue to post here. You will find a wealth of information and support, but if you are wishing to promote a "healing method" or a book, then please go through the correct channels. The contact details for CPA are on the front page of the website.

Thank you for your understanding

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153

Contact us