Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

• eagles19
  • eagles19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 years 6 months ago #11768 by eagles19
eagles19 replied the topic: Re: New Member
Hi Red,
Firstly...I have had two massive attacks with RSL the past two nights. It kicked in around 4am this morning, and i didn't want to shove more chemicals down my throat, then i remembered your email. I grabbed a reebok gym shoe and WhAT !!! the RLS stopped !! That is incredible, it worked !! Thank you Red, i'm sitting here shaking my head that something so simple worked. I have been copping RLS every night lately, i'll keep you posted.
Cheers
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eagles19
  • eagles19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 years 6 months ago #11769 by eagles19
eagles19 replied the topic: Re: New Member
Explain pain made sense to me even though i did not understand it, if that makes sense !! It took hundreds of hours for the science and my brain to defeat the left side sciatica, then the different type of pain in the lower back, hips. Once you move into a positive state of mind, and truly believe it can be done, it can happen. I also spent hundreds of hours in the gym, i still do, average 20 hours a week, but it is important to know that i have been doing the gym thing for over 20 years. I come from a high level sporting background, which also makes a big difference in doing the hard yards rebuilding and reshaping my body. Leanne told me a while ago that she thought i would be the one to make the science work because of my highly competitive background and nature. I understand that what i have done cannot be compared to others here, the area of pain is different with each person, wish it was that easy that my success can work for everyone.
As my understanding of CP and the science grew, i gained confidence on how powerful our brain is and i taught myself to fight and overcome the pain, also depression using different mental images to get to where i needed to be to defeat those demons. Fee suggested that i could blog on i'm assuming the ways i have used to get to where i am today. I'm happy to do that, if you or anyone is interested, just need to figure how to write stuff without coming across as a nutcase ! It does start with getting oneself into a positive state of mind, and using that as an extremely powerful weapon in the fight of telling your brain to Shut Up with those pain signals. Does that make any sense ?
Best Wishes
Ian

More
5 years 6 months ago #11774 by Red
Red replied the topic: Re: New Member
Ian, that's amazing the shoe trick helped! I laughed and thought how pleased Dad would have been to hear that :)
Hope it continues to help.

I am going to read Explain Pain over the next few days, have started reading it. I am lucky I have been blessed with a positive nature, it does help. Living with a husband with a negative nature, we do look at life very differently. So hope I can get some help from it he book and get my body to listen to my brain!!

More
5 years 6 months ago #11779 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: Re: New Member
What a crack up Red! :) Must give that a try. I must say lucky that I'm not in the 'honeymoon' stage of my marriage anymore...already a good look with a splint in my mouth each night...am just picturing socks and shoes as well!!! Nice look!! Not that my husband sleeps in the same room anymore because of my CP :(

Ian, Have you tried going to

accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service...home<mpl=start#s01

You can create a blog for free and it has templates and very easy to use. Just as a suggestion for a starter, you could just do short posts on your journey starting from the beginning eg. how you got to have CP, what sort of state you were in physically and mentally when you came across Explain Pain, and what you progressively did to overcome it. This could perhaps then give you an outline for your book.

I have a friend who is very funny and I encouraged him to try doing a blog and now, a couple of years later, he has had a ball over the past few years using the blog as an outlet to his comedic writing.

The great thing about blogs is that you don't have to write too much and you can just basically tell your story bit by bit over a period of time.

Hugs,
Fee

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153