Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New President of Chronic Pain Australia

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
5 years 6 months ago #11814 by Peter
Peter created the topic: New President of Chronic Pain Australia
Attention all Forum Members!

I would like to inform you that as of today, Thursday the 20th of December 2012, that our long time President and Founding Member Dr. Coralie Wales, has stepped down as President of Chronic Pain Australia(CPA).

Coralie has worked tirelessly over many years, with little to no remuneration and plenty of stress headaches to add to any benefits she may have received. Coralie is now working full time and finally being remunerated for the work she does. She will remain as a Director on the Board of CPA, but will play a lesser role as she concentrates more of her energies on being successful in her new job.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Coralie for all she has done in not only founding this wonderful organisation, but also in the charitable attitude she has displayed in helping out people at grassroots level, and to also wish her all the best in her new endeavours. I'm sure you all would like to join with me in thanking her for her tireless contribution!

At this point I would like to introduce you all to our new President, Mr. Stephen Hoey.

Stephen is a relatively new member to our Board and is a Queenslander. There is little known about our new intrepid President, so instead of me babbling on about him, I shall speak to Stephen and ask him to come into the Forum to formally introduce himself in this thread and tell us a bit more about himself.
It will be by far better if you get the story from the "Horses Mouth".

So, please join with me in congratulating Stephen as our New President.

One more wonderful piece of news people. One of our past Vice Presidents, Dr Amanda (Mandy) Nielsen has been re-elected as VP once more. What a wonderful bit of good news when I found out about this.

Please join with me in congratulating Mandy on her return to this position. And thank you so much for all you do for us Mandy, especially with all the work you put into collating and publishing our monthly E-Bulletin, which is always very informative.

I would like to take this opportunity as I'm sure you all will too, in congratulating and thanking our outgoing retired Vice President, Mrs. Margaret Knight. Some of you may know Margaret. Margaret is widely known in NSW amongst the sufferers of chronic pain. She is a stalwart and a giant in the self-help and community based face to face support group networks. Margaret is a valuable member of our organisation and has achieved so much over many years of dedicated and often times very hard work as a volunteer.
Margaret has not jumped ship, she has asked to be able to concentrate her energies on the work where her heart lies, which is hands-on at the 'coal face', but will remain involved, especially during the months leading up to and including our National Pain Week.

Thank you so much Margaret for all you have done and for all that you will continue to do for chronic pain sufferers!

Phew. What a day. Lots of changes!

Peter Gregory
[Forum Administrator & Secretary of Chronic Pain Australia]

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #11816 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Re: New President of Chronic Pain Australia
Yes thank you Coralie for working tirelessly on the board and for the supporting phone calls that you have made, good luck in furthering your career.

Welcome to the new board members.

Don

More
5 years 6 months ago #11817 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: Re: New President of Chronic Pain Australia
Thank you for being a founding member and all the work you have done for CPA Coralie. I for one count finding this forum as being a lifesaver in the isolated life of a CP sufferer. All the best with your new job.

Welcome Stephen...looking forward to hearing a bit more about you.

Welcome back Mandy and thank you for your contribution to CPA.

And thank to you Margaret for advancing the cause of Chronic Pain sufferers.

From one very grateful CPA Forum Member,
Fee

More
5 years 6 months ago #11818 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: Re: New President of Chronic Pain Australia
And while we're talking about 'thank yous', thank you to you, too, Peter for all the work and dedication you have put into CPA over the years despite your own daily challenge of living with chronic pain.

:) Fee
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

More
5 years 6 months ago #11820 by di
di replied the topic: Re: New President of Chronic Pain Australia

BIY wrote: And while we're talking about 'thank yous', thank you to you, too, Peter for all the work and dedication you have put into CPA over the years despite your own daily challenge of living with chronic pain.

:) Fee

Well said Fee... Ain't that the truth, he rocks! ♥

Big hugs to you Peter and a warm thank you to all those you have mentioned above. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

More
5 years 6 months ago #11837 by Wendles
Wendles replied the topic: Re: New President of Chronic Pain Australia
I would like to say thank you to our leaving President Coralie. This organisation has provided me with so much over the last 6 months, it has been a light in a very dim world, thank you. All the best with your new job.
I will join in and thank those in new positions,

Welcome Stephen...looking forward to hearing a bit more about you.

Welcome back Mandy and thank you for your contribution to CPA.

And thank to you Margaret for advancing the cause of Chronic Pain sufferers.

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153