Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New President of Chronic Pain Australia

More
5 years 5 months ago #12319 by coralie
coralie replied the topic: Re: New President of Chronic Pain Australia
Hi all my old friends,

i feel a bit sad stepping down but it was time to have some new life breathing into our wonderful organisation. I really appreciate your votes of thanks, at times it has been really hard, especially when there are some in our environment who would like to eliminate us, the voice for people in pain. Enough said, i don't want to get too political here. It is a really exciting time for us here at CPA. Stephen Hoey is a great incumbent to the role of President and i am looking forward to a great year ahead. I feel confident that Stephen brings an amazing force to the role that is going to take us to the next level.

Unfortunately my mum has had a major health issue this Christmas, mostly medically induced that has meant that i have spent the last week by her side in hospital. I know many of my CPA friends have experienced similar problems and hope that you can send us your best wishes at this time.

I am confident though that 2013 is indeed going to be a great year for us. We stand strong and confident that our voice will be heard. Thanks again to all my CPA friends - lots of love to you and thanks for your ongoing support of me and the great team that makes us what we are

Coralie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago #12321 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Re: New President of Chronic Pain Australia
Coralie my heart goes out to you, watching a loved one suffering is hospital not easy, I do hope she regains her strength and you can have some more happy times together, sending you lots of hugs and love,may the universe watch over the both of you and keep you safe.

Don

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
5 years 5 months ago #12322 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Re: New President of Chronic Pain Australia
Coralie, a huge big thank you for all you have done for this organisatioin!

We are so sorry to hear about your Mum. We will keep her, you and your family in our thoughts and prayers during this time.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

More
5 years 5 months ago #12323 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Re: New President of Chronic Pain Australia
A huge thank you from me too Coralie. You have been a wonderful help to me during the year. Thank you for all the work you have done for us too.

I hope that your Mum improves. It is so difficult sitting in a hospital watching a relative suffer so much. Particularly when it is one of your parents.

All the best,

Mary xx

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

More
5 years 5 months ago #12324 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: Re: New President of Chronic Pain Australia
Sorry to hear about your mum Coralie and sending get well vibes through cyberspace.

Thank you for all the great work you have done furthering awareness of CP. This forum has proved to be a lifeline for me this year and the first contact I had with the CPA website was through the downloadable booklets in the resources tab that came to me at a time when I was really fumbling in the dark with my own CP.

Best wishes and hugs,
Fee

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153