Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

chemist are they higher than doctors

• lubbing5cherubs
  • lubbing5cherubs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
5 years 6 months ago #11825 by lubbing5cherubs
lubbing5cherubs created the topic: chemist are they higher than doctors
Hey are chemist knowledge higher than the doctors. I am getting grilled from getting script from them and getting third degree in the what I am taking for and how I am doing and how long I been on them. is this any of their business considering my dr gets all pre approved by the dependency board. Why do they have to do that is control or mean, does nayone know what it is. makes me feel yuck as I am not making it up and last thing I need is there criticism of me in front of the shop. Makes me not want to come back

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #11826 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Re: chemist are they higher than doctors
Toni not all chemists put you through the third degree, but just lately it seems to be getting worse even if you have been going to the same chemist for a long time, whether it is the stigmatisation associated with chronic pain or the greater powers that have been handed to them to be able to write sick certificates, no they are not doctors and the only advice they should be giving you is how and when to take your meds and possible side effects and also how to store them, other than this it is none of their business. Next time just ask them are they your treating doctor, and if they have trouble you taking your meds give him or her a ring as they have written the script, and just let them know they are discriminating against you as this should not be done in front of a shop full of people.

Don

More
5 years 6 months ago #11839 by di
di replied the topic: Re: chemist are they higher than doctors
Hi Toni,

May I suggest you calmly say to your pharmacist;

"I'd like you to call my doctor right now and tell them that please."
The pharmacist won't do that so just tell them; "well let's do what a qualified doctor suggests then hey!"

Our daughter and her husband are both pharmacists. Our son in law wanted to become a doctor but his OP wasn't quite high enough so he opted for pharmaceutical science instead. :)

More
5 years 6 months ago #11873 by titan55
titan55 replied the topic: Re: chemist are they higher than doctors
hi toni.i agree with grappers,if you go to a chemist where they know you,you will get treated really good without the third degree but i have found if i go to other chemists,they always give me the third degree because they don't know me and what i use.the chemist people should not give the third degree to someone who has a valid script.it is a hassel for patients to be treated that way and i wish most chemists would not do it.

chronic migraines and headaches for over 25 years.
intercystitial cystitis.
chronic facial pain due to allergies
irratable bowel syndrome
chronic upper tummy pain
fibromyalgia
depression

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153