Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Anyone else get flares when ill??

More
5 years 5 months ago #12341 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Re: Anyone else get flares when ill??
What a bad break Brook. No wonder you have aches and pains. Hopefully it won't be too bad for you.

You will need heaps of rest!

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #12349 by di
di replied the topic: Re: Anyone else get flares when ill??
Oh gosh Brook, that's awful, you poor thing. That will lay you up for ages... a friend had it and was laid up for almost 6 months. :(

Thanks Don for clearing up my totally blonde moment.. :oops:
[img size=60x60] temporarytattoos.com.au/images/thumbnail...e%202597-240x240.jpg [/img] Folks are dumb where I come from.. [img size=60x60] temporarytattoos.com.au/images/thumbnail...e%202597-240x240.jpg [/img] :silly:
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by di.

More
5 years 5 months ago #12359 by titan55
titan55 replied the topic: Re: Anyone else get flares when ill??
i think it is normal to get flares when you are ill.with my bladder disease,i get flare ups all the time which means my bladder hurts a lot and that is when i am sick and stressed and eat the wrong foods.

chronic migraines and headaches for over 25 years.
intercystitial cystitis.
chronic facial pain due to allergies
irratable bowel syndrome
chronic upper tummy pain
fibromyalgia
depression

More
5 years 5 months ago #12419 by kebsa
kebsa replied the topic: Re: Anyone else get flares when ill??
very definately hae more trouble with the chronic pain if i am unwell- i have MS as well as a couple of other helath problems, and if my MS is in relapse then the chronic pain is pretty bad but also if i have a virus or even this hot weather we are currently having, it causes what is known as a psuedoflare ( a temporary flare up of the MS) where old MS symptoms come back or get worse- that can include neuropathic pain but like grappers has said, the virus may just also make the aches and pain worse- double whammy. i do the same as him, make sure i have flu shots etc to try to control the things we can- can't control summer heat but i can reduce risk of getting flu!

More
5 years 5 months ago #12436 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: Re: Anyone else get flares when ill??
Sorry to hear that you have that on top of your regular CP Brook :'( Hugs to you.

Di, flare ups can also relate to when you have done too much and your pain levels go way up above your regular baseline of CP pain level. That's why pacing is encouraged to try and even out the boom/ bust cycle i.e. do lots of activity when you're having a good day, then pay for it after with extra high pain levels (flare up) afterward.

Basically flare ups are when your CP pain levels are much higher than normal or when your condition is inflamed.

It's a bummer when a virus (which is out of Brook's control) has been the cause of her flare up.

Hey, don't put yourself down for asking a question; there are no dumb questions on this forum cos we're all learning :)

:) Fee

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153