Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

So, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis

• TheresaD71
  • TheresaD71's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #12461 by TheresaD71
TheresaD71 replied the topic: Re: So, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis
Thank you Don! Yes, even today after a horrible weekend I feel so much better once I got some medication. If that is what I need to live a life that is active than that is what I will do. I have a positive outlook, and that will help heaps I know. Does anyone know do they do Ketamine infusions for RA?

Thanks
T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #12464 by Eliza
Eliza replied the topic: Re: So, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis
Oh that's good you got some pain meds Theresa...just get a letter from your dr about them and put it in with your meds when you go on your much needed holiday...just think massages,shopping,snorkelling and relaxing...bliss ...enjoy it and have a great time....and remember be careful with the Fetanyl patches and the sun or heat it makes them disperse quicker so they won't last as long. Mine last about 2 days at the most so I don't use them all the time. I suppose you got the lowest dose to start 18 I think? I take 1 Valium at night though I don't get much sleep because of pain and I usually wake sweating around 4am every morn though might be a hormonal thingo or I'm starting to detox from pain meds...not too sure. They do ketamine infusions for chronic pain or to reduce pain medication I know that because I'm supposed to be having it done sometime very soon I hope. Theresa the pain meds will help you now though once you have tolerance to them they don't work the same and the strength needs to be put up until your comfortable pain-wise again.

Well enjoy your holiday you lucky girl... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheresaD71

More
5 years 5 months ago #12465 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Re: So, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis
Hi Theresa,

I have hunted down a couple of sites that may put you in the picture a little with RA.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001467/

And this one from Victoria.

www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcart...Rheumatoid_arthritis

I can't remember the state that you live in, but your best starting point would be the Arthritis Foundation in your state. They will have a heap of information and they will also be able to assist you to find whatever you need.

Let me know if the links don't work.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

More
5 years 5 months ago #12466 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Re: So, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis
I have just remembered that you are in Queensland Theresa. Here is the link for Arthritis Queensland

www.arthritis.org.au

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

• TheresaD71
  • TheresaD71's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #12472 by TheresaD71
TheresaD71 replied the topic: Re: So, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis
Thank you all so much for the replies! I am so going to enjoy this holiday, we rented a 5 bedroom house for our 3 teenage children and ourselves in Phuket, with a chef, maid, own swimming pool, the works! We have never been before so we are VERY excited to say the least! I plan a massage a day! lol

Mucho Hugs

T

More
5 years 5 months ago #12479 by hopeful_kate
hopeful_kate replied the topic: Re: So, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis
Beautiful Thailand! I went in June. Advice - have a day or more between massages... with the heat the massages made me feel really nauseous (I got one every third day)... I don't normally feel sick from massages.. Although it might have been all the tremendous delicious rich food (I got sick too - don't count on not getting diarrhea - all the Aussies I spoke to over there had been or were sick! So just don't get too disappointed if you do and count yourself lucky if you don't!) :)

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153