Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Good Morning, Good Afternoon

• Peter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
5 years 6 months ago #13596 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Good Morning, Good Afternoon
Gee Mrs S, no good about the party. What a shame. But how did you get home?
Did you live next door or did you and your husband take 2 cars?
Sorry, I'm just a bit puzzled as to how you were able to get yourself home being in so much pain.

This is one of the reasons I don't go out much. It is so hard to stay up late and stay at a party for long, because the noise gets to you and the stress of the judging eyes gets to you after a while too. And yeah, I guess we all get a bit too sensitive about it, which we wouldn't be if people were a little more caring.

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #13597 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Good Morning, Good Afternoon
I have not ever been a really late stayer at parties, so I guess the transition hasn't been quite so bad for me. Most of our parties are family affairs now and we usually have a long drive home, so if I know that I need to go, no one really reacts negatively. I think it has taken some time though. In the beginning, I think I could "hear" their thoughts. Then again, I might have been over sensitive!

I am not sure what I would have said in your case Mrs. S. I think I have reached a point where I would have said something sarcastic and left. Anyway, it's their problem, not yours. If people treat you badly it says something about their character.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #13601 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Good Morning, Good Afternoon
When I go to a party and they start behind your back with sly remarks, I just totally ignore the behaviour, I go back to the old rhyme sticks and stones, it's not worth the effort to get upset and worried about, these types are very narrow minded and I am a believer that one day it will all come back to bite them, then watch the apologies come, it has happened already in one circle of family members and friends. I also don't stay long at parties, not just because of loud noise and pain, but the drinking culture that has developed and you can guarantee harsh words, push and shoves develop towards the end of the night.

Don

More
5 years 6 months ago #13609 by Florrie
Florrie replied the topic: Good Morning, Good Afternoon
Mrs Shingles, you certainly are riding a wave of mixed emotions day after day at the moment. I commented on your other thread re shingles fame and what a "lift"that seemed to give you and now you are down emotionally again and in lots of pain.

You are having a torrid time with stress coming from all different angles. I hope this next week is calm and peaceful for you and you get some days of good pain relief to give yourself a break.

We can all get overwhelmed with pain and all that goes on in our lives and I don't feel there is any real easy solution especially when we have kids, partners and extended family to consider. It is so difficult swithcing off from being a "good Mum". We are the ones who put the expectations on ourselves though.

You are one of the lucky ones though in the sense that you have an awesome, supportive and loving family that give you unconditional love and support. So, look after yourself first, let your family give you all the TLC you need and rest up as much as you can.

We all need to have a switch öff"button for others heartless comments.

All the best and I hope you are feeling much happier soon and in less pain.

Take care :)

• Collins
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Dedicated to pain research when possible
More
5 years 6 months ago #13657 by Collins
Collins replied the topic: Good Morning, Good Afternoon
Hello Mrs Shingles
Me too, wish I could sleep for more than 3 hours myself.
The meds are supposed to make me sleep all the time?????????
I need a sleepologist I think as its really important to have good sleep when it comes to health, but I figure it will be a waste of time as they will just say I need stonger meds, as its pain that wakes me up.

I'm doing well pychologically for so little sleep
The funny thing is that most people only sleep for between 7 - 30 minutes per night - lol
(third phase of sleep - rejuvenation)

maybe I am getting to the rejuvenation sleep quickly, since I feel ok???

Cheers jamie

One of the silent voices, supporting CPA

• Peter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #13659 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Good Morning, Good Afternoon
Well everyone, looks like our magician Stella has gotten our archive back up and running again.

A big THANK YOU TO STELLA!

One more test, I'm going to see if I can quarantine this post.

Yep, moderated the post and brought it back. All's well!

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Peter.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150