Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Good Morning, Good Afternoon

More
5 years 3 months ago #13750 by Outlast
Outlast replied the topic: Good Morning, Good Afternoon
Di. Hi and hope you are doing as well as possible. You are always so bright and that is good. Peter's remarks about not being over occupied with this Forum does make sense. Continually reinforcing your mind to your pain problem by posting a lot cannot do anything but continually bring your own misery back home to you a little bit stronger each time. Finding the line where maybe too much posting maybe not helping yourself is hard to define but we all know Peter's heart is bigger than most so he acted. Also he was worried that she was in decline emotionally and sought to help her from worsening that.

I mean he has run the knife through me a couple of times because of my posts but the world didn't come to an end. In the rules and suggestions its says if you are getting annoyed take a break from the computor. This applies to any Forum.

For example i have been in the Alfred Hospital Trauma Unit a couple of times and sometimes i see things here that makes me shake my head. You want to see pain and misery go there and look. Its both frightening and wonderful.. So to be fair to myself and other members i take a break from the Forum. Either that or i am just too crook to get involved.

I am just trying to say be aware of the negativity in over posting generally. You maybe susceptible or maybe you will not. And Peter bringing it up probably should be a future warning to all new comers in this and other Forums.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #13755 by weather
weather replied the topic: Good Morning or Good Afternoon Page

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I react to 80% of medications very differently to others, DO NOT EVER let one one MY stories EVER stop you from trying something. We are all so different. It might be the key to relieving your CP. May your trip on The-Med-Go-Round be a short one!

More
5 years 3 months ago #13762 by Outlast
Outlast replied the topic: Good Morning or Good Afternoon Page
Hi Weather. Probably a good suggestion if such matters were privately posted by moderators. Good point. Stand by what i said about the dangers of overposting though. Mrs S. is a much loved member and i hope she knows that.

More
5 years 3 months ago #13766 by Outlast
Outlast replied the topic: Good Morning or Good Afternoon Page
Weather i don't know how to make a private posting. I am 10 minutes off a colonoscopy so i will catch you later. regards Outlast.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #13768 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Good Morning or Good Afternoon Page
Outlast on the tab just above the smiley faces with the font size ect: on the left side of this tab you will see what looks like two people cuddling, hit that before posting, post will then be hidden from guests.
While we have this function available for use, we do not recommend the use of this function, people who reply to a hidden post will be seen by all who visit the site, the problem lies that they will have no understanding what the reply relates to, and this could be an important part in a big puzzle in dealing with chronic Pain, by members hiding their posts is forcing those who do not wish to become members but get great value into joining, in a way it is a form of blackmail, they should not be forced into joining.

Don
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by grappers.

More
5 years 3 months ago #13769 by Eliza
Eliza replied the topic: Good Morning or Good Afternoon Page

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153