Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

I need a cheer up badly

• GarfieldRules
  • GarfieldRules's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago #12782 by GarfieldRules
GarfieldRules created the topic: I need a cheer up badly
Hi, I have had a really bad throat infection since last Thursday. Been to doctors twice and she only just put me on antibotics. I have not been able to swallow hardly. The pain has been terrible. I also have my sinus's so painful top & bottom they are just radiating pain all the time. I am also in the midst of severe monster hormonal migraines at the moment. Crying all the time with the pain. I am feeling so sick in the stomach I am throwing up in my mouth on and off. Not getting much sleep either.

I have been in so much pain since last Thursday I cant see any end to it. The migraine hurts so so much. Just to top it off my hubbie and I found out last night his mother has cancer in her hip, lymph nodes near breast and in her bones. My hubbie is crushed. He is flying over to Auckland NZ on Sunday and wont be back to Thursday. I know he has to go but I am freaking about my poor health at the moment and being left on my own to look after my son and do everything here.

I am sorry to rant but I am feeling really down at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #12787 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: I need a cheer up badly
Hi GF,

It is ok to rant. That is why we are here, so you have someone to talk to who understands. You could ring your GP or go and see her to check whether it is the antibiotic that is disagreeing with your stomach. She may change it if she thinks it is necessary. As the infection clears up, your sinus pain should improve along with your throat, so you may be much improved by Sunday when your husband leaves.

I know it is easy for me to say, but try not to worry about next week because that will make all your pain levels higher and, as I said, you may be a lot better by Sunday.

All the best,

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
The following user(s) said Thank You: GarfieldRules

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago #12788 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: I need a cheer up badly
Hugs, hugs and hugs GR, you are in the wars, is there no one who could stay with you until hubby gets home to help you out. Hopefully those antibiotics kick in real soon and help with the sore throat and sinuses and make the days your hubby is away a little easier. The stress of the news of your mother in law must be affecting you as well not just your hubby and that is causing more problems as well for you personally. Is there any help organisation that may be able to help you if you can't get someone close, you need some help.

Lots of gentle hugs Don

More
5 years 7 months ago #12789 by di
di replied the topic: I need a cheer up badly

• Mrs Shingles
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago #12792 by Mrs Shingles
Mrs Shingles replied the topic: I need a cheer up badly
Dear Garfield Rules, am sending you massive hugs to you . Hopefully the antibiotics will soon kick in and get you to a better place. The added stress of your health worries with family members will not be helping at this time when you are feeling so low with the infections. Do you have a close friend that could perhaps stay with you during the time hubby will be away?
Hugs, and more hugs to you

More
5 years 7 months ago #12796 by Florrie
Florrie replied the topic: I need a cheer up badly
Oh my, you poor lady. You are really having a rotten time or as I sometimes say "being excessively challenged". If the antibiotics don't kick in real soon I wonder if your Doc could give you an injection of antibiotics. You can also have a cortisone shot for severe sinus.
Very sorry to hear of your mother-in-law's woes as well.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Huge hugs xxx

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150