Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Knee pain

• Oxytotem
  • Oxytotem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #12891 by Oxytotem
Oxytotem created the topic: Knee pain
Can anyone suggest some excersises for a bad knee?i have little to no cartilage left..I take fish/krill oil for the joints and do Pilates, but just wondering if anything specific I can do,or more importantly any excersises I should avoid..I am still on the waiting list for the pain management clinic at hospital and the last time I went was for lower back,so not much crossover I can do with that.doc suggested cycling,but the pain from that drives me nuts :sick: I have orthotics but am required to stand for long periods of time for work and they only help a bit...I think the damage also extends to the miniscus, and possible ACL strain too...kinda depressing considering I'm only 22 :( can anyone speculate if I'm going to need surgery soon or if they gonna wait a few years?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #12899 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Knee pain
Oxy try using cycling in a hydro pool, most hydro pools have inner tubes so head for the deep water inside the tube and pedal, still getting the exercise with no pressure on the joint.
As for surgery only a surgeon can answer that one for you, but going on what you have stated they may fix it with keyhole surgery, clean up the cartilage and such.
Yes have the same problem with departments that don't cross over, ask the surgeon who did my stim implant in my back if he could look at my shoulder as that needs operating on to repair damage, answer not my department go and see an orthopaedic surgeon, one hospital was a 4 year wait, luckily I see one at another hospital in March.

Don

More
5 years 1 month ago #12902 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Knee pain
Hi Don,

I think that the Dr. who did your stim implant would not comment on your shoulder because it is not his field. It may have been many years since he looked at a shoulder, so he wouldn't necessarily feel confident to comment. Unless I have it wrong and he actually operates on shoulders!

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #12905 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Knee pain
Mary I know, I was just sick of everything falling apart and wanted it all over done with in one go, it seems you can get one ailment sorted out then wham another pops up, and when you are dealing with the public system of health care it takes so long to get it all sorted out, that is the frustrating bit and there is nothing you can do to push it along.
I don't blame the medical profession one bit, they can only work with what they are given, in this state we have an aging population higher than any other, and a system that can't cope and every year the budget is cut.

Don

More
5 years 1 month ago #12906 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Knee pain
Don't get me started on the cuts to the health budget Don! The arrogance of these people is amazing. How you can be expected to provide adequate health care on less money each year is appalling, but they still continue to do it. When I see the pain management programs in place in a couple of the other states, I get even more frustrated! We are so far behind, not only in pain management of course, but almost everything else as well.

Enough for one rant :)

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
The following user(s) said Thank You: grappers

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153