Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Chronic Migraines

• GarfieldRules
  • GarfieldRules's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 8 months ago #312 by GarfieldRules
GarfieldRules created the topic: Chronic Migraines
Hi, I am just saying hello. I am new to this forum. I suffer chronic daily migraines/headaches, IBS & sinus/allergies. My daily life is a living hell. I am continuously in chronic pain. This is affecting my husband, teenage daughter & I have trouble looking after my toddler son. I cannot hold down a job at this stage because of the migraines which has put a huge burden on my family financially.

I have tried 2 nurologist with no luck. The preventatives did not help. I have tried physio's, accupuncture & osteopaths. I have been hospitalised with the migraines but they could not give me any relief. I am now only trying to take panadeine forte for the migraines when they hit but this does not do much. The doctors will not give me anything else. I have pretty much suffered bad sinus/tension headaches for the first 20yrs of my adult life. I had two car accidents about 4yrs ago and have suffered chronic migraines since then. I had an MRI and it showed up all clear even thought I get bad neck & back pain. I also suffer really bad IBS. This flares up really bad when the migraine flares up. On a positive note I have had 3yrs of injections for my allergies and this treatment has eased my sinus symptons although in spring/summer I still suffer.

I am depressed. I don't mind saying that. The only thing that keeps me going is my family. I do feel that they would be better off without me. My husband tries to support me but I see how it affects him. The chronic migraines are with me 24hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks of the year. My twin sister is in the same boat. She suffers terribly. Anyway this is my story. I just thought I would share it with everyone. At least on this site I feel I am not alone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #314 by titan55
titan55 replied the topic: Re: Chronic Migraines
i know how you feel.hang in there.

chronic migraines and headaches for over 25 years.
intercystitial cystitis.
chronic facial pain due to allergies
irratable bowel syndrome
chronic upper tummy pain
fibromyalgia
depression
The following user(s) said Thank You: GarfieldRules

• GarfieldRules
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #326 by GarfieldRules
GarfieldRules replied the topic: Re: Chronic Migraines
I am open to any new suggestions to ease the chronic pain that I do suffer everyday and night. If I hear of anything to help other people I will post it here in this forum.

More
6 years 7 months ago #330 by titan55
titan55 replied the topic: Re: Chronic Migraines
hi garfield rules,
at least you have your family to give you the motivation to keep going.that is very important in your situation.i have noted that people are looking at your page so don't give up.you have more friends out there in the community than you realize.

chronic migraines and headaches for over 25 years.
intercystitial cystitis.
chronic facial pain due to allergies
irratable bowel syndrome
chronic upper tummy pain
fibromyalgia
depression
The following user(s) said Thank You: GarfieldRules

• Peter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
6 years 7 months ago #334 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Re: Chronic Migraines
Hey Garfield,

Welcome aboard!

Sorry to hear you suffer so much from migraines. I don't get them per se, but do get many 'migrain like' headaches on a regular basis. I don't take any extra drugs for these, because I take enough for my spinal and chronic pain issues. I usually go to bed with an icepack under my neck, which gives me a few days relief till the next one comes along.

Anyway, I'm glad you have been able to find a place to be where others understand you.

Please make sure you go look through the resources on our website, because there maybe some info there that can help you.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• GarfieldRules
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #335 by GarfieldRules
GarfieldRules replied the topic: Re: Chronic Migraines
Thanks Peter for your welcome message. Sorry as well to hear you suffer so much as well. I wish there was a magic pill or something to help all people who suffer chronic pain to get to a level where they have a life again.

I am glad to be aboard. I will check out this site. It is just nice to talk to other people in my situation.

Take care. GarfieldRules :cheer:

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153