Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

To Von

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
5 years 5 months ago #12182 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Re: To Von
HI Don and Von.

A belated Birthday Wish for you both. Unfortunately, it appears that you both had a few issues on your birthdays and on Christmas Day. Well Von, a 3 course meal. What a treat and a gift from your girls.

I only wish the best for you both and hope that 2013 will see peace and many pain free days, enter your lives permanently.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Von, grappers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #12187 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Re: To Von
It is well known that people often squabble on Christmas Day. I have read warnings not to expect too much because people won't change just for one day - so if they are having issues, they are likely to arise at Christmas. I think we have been very lucky because, like all families, we have some issues, but mostly, people seem to realize that, for the sake of the kids, they need to keep a lid on it. Having said that, sometimes there can be an awkward silence while people do keep a lid on it :)

You are so right Don, life is too short to worry about the little things. That is what most arguments are about. I think that we CPers see it differently because, for us, trivia is even more trivial in the overall scheme of things.

Von, I am so glad that you had a wonderful dinner cooked for you on Christmas Day. You must have been so happy and proud of your daughters. Our daughter went to extremes as well for the whole family and we were very proud of her and her family for the wonderful day we had.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
The following user(s) said Thank You: Von

More
5 years 5 months ago #12195 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: Re: To Von
Lovely to hear from you Von, but I'm sorry to hear that your pain levels have been bad especially on your birthday and Christmas. What lovely daughters you have. Your own kindness and empathy towards others shines through your posts so you must have passed some of that onto your daughters :)

Hey Don, maybe next year hang a sign on the front door saying "no bickering allowed through this door today...only kind people can enter!"

Hugs,
Fee xo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Von

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153