Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Anybody here a regular user of Remedial Massage?

• Psychokaraoke
  • Psychokaraoke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 8 months ago #9085 by Psychokaraoke
Psychokaraoke created the topic: Anybody here a regular user of Remedial Massage?
I've been trying it on and off for quite a number of years. It probably hasn't been as successful as I would like but it does temporarily reduce tightness of muscles. Dosen't take long to tighten up again of course but better than nothing. I guess a lot of you would be in too acute a condition to use it as it feels like someone is pushing straight into a bruise when they're doing it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #9086 by Red
Red replied the topic: Re: Anybody here a regular user of Remedial Massage?
Psychokaroke, I have only tried it once, before my surgeries and it was dreadful. I was left with bruises and even more sore. However, I am visiting my children shortly and will try again with a different person. I went to an accupuncterist there and found him really good. I believe he also does the remedial massage so am keen to see if he can help me.

Am interested to see if others gain benefit.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 8 months ago #9087 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Re: Anybody here a regular user of Remedial Massage?
I have it done just about every day, you try to breath through the pain while having it done, then straight into a deep hot bath, loosens all the tight muscles for a short time, a little relief is better than none, I also have bowen done before the deep tissue massage, pays to have a practitioner as your wife all I have to do is ask and she will do it.

Don

More
5 years 8 months ago #9090 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Re: Anybody here a regular user of Remedial Massage?
It depends on the type of pain you have. I can't have any massage, or even hands on physio because it stirs me up terribly. My physio and I decided that she would work on an area in my back a few months ago. I am so glad that I came straight home, because I started feeling really funny (dizzy etc., increased pain levels) and it lasted an hour or two. It's really unfortunate because it feels really good at the time :(

However, I know others who have conditions such as Fibromyalgia who find massage a great relief.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 8 months ago #9093 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Re: Anybody here a regular user of Remedial Massage?
Yes Mary I should have stated that she does not work on the area of my injury, she works mostly on my legs and shoulers and neck, leg pain is referred from trapped nerves, so deep tissue massage releaves some of the pain although not long term, shoulders and neck is from stress.

Don

More
5 years 8 months ago #9095 by Von
Von replied the topic: Re: Anybody here a regular user of Remedial Massage?
In the initial period after I hurt my back, I had remedial massage and Bowen every fortnight and I thought that I was doing the best thing I could. But over the last 8 yrs I have come to learn that I should have seen a neurosurgeon early on, which MAY have prevented my injury from graduating into neuropathic pain. Now, I couldn't possibly have a remedial massage due to the hyper-sensitisation of my skin...and fear of flaring up the pain that I have daily. But there are many many days/nights I wish I could.

May there always be love in your heart and sunshine in your soul <3

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153