Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× Welcome to the Chronic Pain Australia forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Anybody here a regular user of Remedial Massage?

More
5 years 8 months ago #9096 by Red
Red replied the topic: Re: Anybody here a regular user of Remedial Massage?
Don, how good is it to have your own personal masseuse :) I have a sauna daily to get the heat into my tissues.

Von, I think you have given me the information I require. I had ketamine recently that has helped with being so sore to touch. However, my pain is neuropathic in nature and affects my neck, arms and shoulders. Surgeon has said no physio. So shall stick to accupuncture.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #9099 by Wendles
Wendles replied the topic: Re: Anybody here a regular user of Remedial Massage?
I had it done a few years ago it it was like hell and left me with more pain and problems with my neck. I have since changed to Bown Therapy which is working better for me. It seems to work longer and I have also learnt a few moves that I can use at home that help releave the tension.

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

More
5 years 5 months ago #12153 by Raphael
Raphael replied the topic: Re: Anybody here a regular user of Remedial Massage?
Yes, I have a massage every 2-4 weeks and have been doing so for the last 2 years. It took awhile to find a good massager, but I have a great one here on the Gold Coast now and he knows me and my "sore points' very well. It has benefited me to a degree. When I first went to see him, he could hardly touch me and I had nasty trigger points all over my back. On one occasion, I literally jumped and swore 'blue murder', but now he is quite firm with me and it feels great! The following day, I might me a little sore, but that doesn't last too long. I think the key is finding someone you feel comfortable with and someone who listens to your needs.

Good Luck :)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
Atticus Finch - To Kill A Mockingbird

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153