Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.

A suggestion for the suggestion box.

• Sophiered
  • Sophiered's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 1 month ago #19825 by Sophiered
Sophiered created the topic: A suggestion for the suggestion box.
It's something that kind of gets under the skin of old time bloggers when a new blogger (me) who has hardly read any topic here, not just because I keep falling asleep as I am reading, and that is nothing to do with how interesting the article I'm attempting to read is.
My suggestion might already be included here, but at a quick glance without going back through the pages I didn't see it.

My suggestion, yes I'm getting to it..
Could we please have a place to meet, a coffee room a place to laugh and a place to tell a story or two?

Some forums call them by unique names like "Coffee Club" or "The Lounge" or "Fun House" or what ever.
A place to laugh and celebrate someones birthday maybe, a place where the only pain we talk about is the pain in the neck person who crashed into us in the shopping aisle. Or that pain in the neck 3 year old that told you your hair looked terrible.

Or a place to tall a wild story that might or might not be true. :silly:

Shame I missed April Fools day or it could have been about that.

I do apologise if you already have such a place here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #19826 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: A suggestion for the suggestion box.
Hi Sophiered,

I think you are talking about what is commonly referred to as a chat room. We have thought about this in the past, but we have decided against it because even that needs monitoring. We are a voluntary organisation and we just don't have the resources to monitor a chat room/coffee club. I agree that they are very useful.

What we do have is a private message system where you can chat with other people. You can only do this one on one but it is better than nothing. especially in the wee small hours. You can see the little blue logo under everyone's information on the left. If you hit that, you can PM anyone. You can also access that by clicking on their name and it will take you to their page.

I hope all this makes sense!

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sophiered

• Sophiered
  • Sophiered's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 1 month ago #19828 by Sophiered
Sophiered replied the topic: A suggestion for the suggestion box.
Thanks Mary, yes it does make a lot of sense. I have spent 16 years of my life blogging. I know the pitfalls and the dedication it takes. It needs to be kept a close eye on, and there need to be many moderators.

The sites I have been more used to had a separate live chat room. It couldn't be moderated but if anyone created problems their IP would be blocked.

It might take me a while to get to find my way around here.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153