Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.

Age related groups in particular aresa

• Mad Stona
  • Mad Stona's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 11 months ago #20319 by Mad Stona
Mad Stona created the topic: Age related groups in particular aresa
Hi I am new to this site and i'v done a little reading of quite a few threads there seems to be a want for people to connect outside the website. I noticed there is a specific main forum for people under 25, which is the age i was when my pain injury was caused meaning im out of this group to talk to. It would be nice as a new person to be able to go to a forum dedicated to other age groups and possibly for each state as my perspective on life and what ive lost at a younger age would be very different to someones perspective in their 40's, or 60's who may have had the opportunity to have families and buy a house and many other things i was just preparing for. It would be a lot easier if i could go to a forum for an age group and meet people of a similar perspective of where their life is as age plays a big factor in how the pain issue you have makes you think about your future, it would be easier to be able to make connections with people and therefore know who to pm and have private conversations with and by having one for each state or areas it would help allow groups of people to organize to meet up in person on their own as once again loneliness and then depression from that are also large factor points of concern and i believe this addition to your site would only help allow people to gain in multiple ways as ive explained. Im sure i cant be the only person looking for these two things - to make friends of a similar age and who live close enough to catch up.

Thanks for reading this and i hope you take it into consideration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
3 years 11 months ago #20326 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Age related groups in particular aresa
Hi Mad Stona,

Welcome to the CPA forum.

We are a small non-funded volunteer organisation and we have no paid staff. The moderators we have here are all chronically ill and we volunteer our time, which quite often can be difficult when we are more sicker than normal.

What you are asking for is more work for us, which we are not able to do. We only thought of having a look to see if a category for younger people would work, but as you can see it has had little activity. The vast majority of people on this forum are of the age group you wish to talk to, so go right ahead and post into any of the categories/threads.

We also have a PM system, so that you can talk to other members privately. At the end of the day, I think you will be pretty much catered for here.

If you feel that we don't have what you need, then you are welcome to Google this idea and see if you can find another forum that suits your needs.

Sorry, but the way the forum is today, is pretty much how it's going to stay.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

More
3 years 11 months ago #20327 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Age related groups in particular aresa
Hi Stona,

I had a reply half ready to post and I think Peter's posting caused the page to reload and it went! I was pretty much going to say the same thing as Peter.

Even if we had the resources to do what you would like us to, no one ever leaves their state, age or even gender in their profile. It is a rarity to find any of that information there. People like to remain anonymous. If you would like to meet people outside of the forum in your own area, you could always put a post up in the General Discussions and then people could contact each other using the PM system.

I agree that it is good for people to meet each other. It always helps. You could always contact the Arthritis foundation in your state and see if they have any support groups for CP people. I realise that your problem is probably not arthritis, but they may be able to help you to find something.

Meanwhile keep talking to us here :)

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #22368 by Marley
Marley replied the topic: Age related groups in particular aresa
Hi Mad Stona
I completely agree and you have some very valid points.
Although beyond the 25yr olds, chronic pain has taken my life and I am not old enough for the old aage pension, and have a long way to go, I have not had the opportunities you speek of, and a family who believe it is all 'attention seeking.' I am isolated and unemployable, trying not to let depression rule me as my hopes and asperations have evaporated and needed to be replaced with a future in chronic pain and strategies to manage it. You may find people have things in common regardless of their age, but I appreciate youth can have the challlenges of life's inexperiences and have opportunities not available to over 25s, but please don't overgeneralise, as I am also aware "Seniors' get access to services and have a perspective due to their age, but there is a lot of "don't fits" of the sterotype.
I ask you consider the possibilities that a person may brighten your life, regardless of their age.
Marley

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
Oh oh the night comes down
And I get afraid of losing my way
Oh oh the night comes down
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153