Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

× This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.

federal budget- effecting pain

• Peter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
6 years 1 week ago #6590 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Re: federal budget- effecting pain
Hi Nadia,

Welcome to the Forum. It would be great if you could supply us with a link so we can go read this information. There are so many cut-backs occurring in both state and fed govts today, that it is hard to keep track of them all.

I do hope you find a home here. There are so many wonderful supportive souls here.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GarfieldRules
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 week ago #6599 by GarfieldRules
GarfieldRules replied the topic: Re: federal budget- effecting pain
Hi Nadia, Welcome to this forum. Thanks for the above information. I do have trouble keeping up with all the in's and out's of what is happening. I wish it was better news. As usual us CP sufferer's always get the raw end of the deal. Not fair. xx

More
5 years 6 months ago #10405 by J Bunyan
J Bunyan replied the topic: Re: federal budget- effecting pain
Gee Happy, I am not on disability pension, I am unable to work, we are paying off a house and we pay for private health. I am really happy that we are better off than others but with my medication, (Insulin - novo rapid & lantus needles 4 x daily, meter X & diamicron all for diabetes, zoton - for duedinal ulcers, medication for cholestrol - this comes with diabetes, fenpatch50 & valprease200 - for neuropathic pain full body post encephalitis, sandomigran - migraine, stemital - for dizziness from latest migraine characteristic & mobic & osteo panadol top up on pain medication to help with osteoarthritis in all my joints) and all the tests involved to get to what is wrong, (medicare doesn't pay back total payment, you are always out of pocket. You are lucky your medication costs you $120.00 a month, mine is about $400.00 and no doubt there are others out there who pay more. We do not live above our means, our car is a 10yrs old and our kids are young adults and have married so there is only the two of us. My husband works very hard, we have not been on a holiday for years. I am only 50yrs old have not worked for 3yrs but have had pain in one form or other since I was 4 and pain has progressed in the last 2, diabetes for 14yrs. So please don't assume that people are better off on more than $32,000per year, everyone has a story & if they are fortunate enough to be succesfull good luck to them they work for it. Try to open your eyes and look at life with your glass half full not half empty. So no $84,000 should not be the cut off threshold.
Regards
Joyce

More
5 years 6 months ago #10408 by di
di replied the topic: Re: federal budget- effecting pain
Hi and welcome Nadia. :)

Here's a link to start with;

ATO site

There's other links to follow once on the site.

More
2 years 1 week ago #25107 by Chris82
Chris82 replied the topic: Re: federal budget- effecting pain
J Bunyan I'd never say you have it easy.

But I do find it utterly absurd that you lecture someone with health issues forced onto Newstart about your supposed financial hardship.

I'd politely suggest to you that regardless of Happy's world view (who strikes me as an honest and straightforward person btw), 12 grand is a lot less than 84 and puts someone into poverty. Your attitude is one of 'let them eat cake'.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: b1b2j3

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153