Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Welcome to All Young Sufferers of Chronic Pain!

More
3 years 10 months ago #19769 by Punk265
Punk265 replied the topic: Welcome to All Young Sufferers of Chronic Pain!
Hi all,

Although I'm 29, I have been on the roller coaster of pain since a bad horse riding fall 14 years ago - so I had to live & battle through pain while young & believe I have an understanding of what you may be experiencing or have experienced as 'young' pain sufferers. I managed my condition quite well by staying fit with the gym, Physio & generally being active, but 2yrs ago in May 2012, I had my first of MANY surgeries & procedures.

Since the first surgery I've developed CRPS & have limitations in the use of my left leg, my last surgery was November last year & that took me up to number 12... Seasoned operating table occupier! My long term partner & I went for a horrible, destructive ride together, we have 2 houses (mortgaged), car loans, day to day expenses & I was not able to return to my usual occupation so financially we did (& still do), struggle, especially with the cost of surgeries added on as well.

I have been in and out of hospital for the last 2yrs, with the longest stint being 3mths. I ended up in ICU after one surgery, a cut vein which resulted in a blood transfusion after another one, spinal fluid leakage after another... I had a shitty time, as did my wonderfully supportive partner. It did all become too much for him & he chose to take some time out for a few months - which was really hard because of course I wanted him back in my life, but I had to realise he was only young to, faced with being a carer for the rest of his life. who could blame him for needing time to assess what was important to him?! We got through that, but it is always important to remember your partners need to have a life to & that their life doesn't need to stop due to our situations, it's about balance & good communication (all of which is easier said than done)!

Anyway, that's a brief intro to my situation & my profile signature shows some of the surgeries/procedures completed. I am on the following medications:

225mg Lyrica
40/20mg Targin
1200mg Gabapentin
50mg Endep
10-20mg Temazepam
10mg Diazepam

I look forward to hopefully being able to support & offer advice from personal experiences, to others :lol:

Peripheral neuropathy/CRPS/Chronic pain

Keep ticking off the attainable by focussing on the 'Can' rather than the 'Can not' in your day.

It is what it is, tomorrow's a brand new day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #19878 by Kam1
Kam1 replied the topic: Welcome to All Young Sufferers of Chronic Pain!
I just turned 26! Am I too old for this section? Lol. I know how it feels to be young and excluded from your friends social life's because of your pain disabilities. I have sever back pains that radiate throughout my entire body, plus the whole extra negative depression side of things.
I was a very fit, active workaholic prior to this. Now I don't do much outside of my bedroom let alone social life.

More
3 years 6 months ago #20834 by brenden_88
brenden_88 replied the topic: Welcome to All Young Sufferers of Chronic Pain!
Hey everyone. Just wanted to check in and see how you are all going. I hope you are doing and well and have found some relief.

Brenden

More
3 years 6 months ago #20838 by charleejadexx
charleejadexx replied the topic: Welcome to All Young Sufferers of Chronic Pain!
Hey I'm doing okay I've been sent to rehab well in the process of so just waiting back on dates and finishing up at my job on the first of September so hopefully on the way to getting better! :)

More
3 years 6 months ago #20839 by MrsBlack96
MrsBlack96 replied the topic: Welcome to All Young Sufferers of Chronic Pain!
Hey, I'm going ok, I have been so busy with my pregnancy lately I've lost track of time. My pain was feeling better from the pregnancy up until a few weeks ago when it started to get worse. Unfortunately i cant take anything to help cause of bubba therefore I am struggling through on my own but he is deffinately worth it.
How is everyone else doing???

Alicia :)

More
3 years 5 months ago #21009 by noreenmcn
noreenmcn replied the topic: Welcome to All Young Sufferers of Chronic Pain!
Hey all, I'm Noreen, I'm just gone 25, still consider myself young so gonna introduce myself here :P I'm living in Ireland at the mo, but hoping to move to Aus asap :)

One morning I woke up with extreme pain all down my spine, that was 5 years, but was only diagnosed last year with fibromyalgia. I've tried every drug they will gve me, but nothing works :( Was put on palexia a while ago, and found it helped a bit, but grew tolerant very quickly. Doctors here suck, they'd rather see you in agony than prescribe you strong meds in case you get an addition problem.
They say fibro isn't a progressive disease, but I've gone downhill a lot in the past 2 years. I was doing a masters but couldn't complete it because I just didn't have the energy or strength to get out of bed in the morning. I've lost a lot of friends over this illness, they don't understand because I look healthy, they don't realise in order for me to go on an night out I've to codeine myself up to the eyeballs to stand the pain, and then it takes a week for my system to recover. Sometimes I wish I had something like cancer, it would make people more understanding (had that too btw, illnesses, gotta catch em all!). I had to move back in with my parents last christmas because I can't work so couldn't afford to be renting. That has not done a lot for my mental status!
Had a lidocaine infusion 2 weeks ago, seeing a little improvement pain wise, but the fibro fog is still thick and the energy is still nil. Awaiting to be called for a second procedure, then hopefully I'll be well enough to jet off to the sun :)

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153