Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

FOOD!

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago #14815 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: FOOD!
Kebsa if you drag your mouse over the text Holding down the left button it will highlight all the recipes, then just right mouse click in the highlighted area and select copy, open up wordpad or similar program you type in, right mouse click on a blank page and select paste, all the rcipes will now be in a document which you can save to your Hard drive or print.

Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #14907 by kebsa
kebsa replied the topic: FOOD!
thanks for that, i must have been brain dead to have forgotten that! i have managed with the good ol snipping tool that is part of visita operating system (one of the few good things about it!) now i just need to save up for some more ink cartridges - mine have all emptied at the same time for once- i'll have to get into a pattern of buying one color cartridge per fortnight (mind you i did see a brother multi function unit that would scan and print up to A3 and that was $150 when all my cartridges for my current printer is almost $90- A3 would be handy for my hobby of graphite sketching- have to do some research to see what kind of reports they give for the new printer

but thanks for the reminder again!, my computer may be on its last legs i fear as i had the Blue screen of feath last week, thanfully going to safe mode and restarting in a previous time when the system was stable worked- i just lost some minor files -good reminder to use restore points but the blue scrren of death is a real worry!!

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #15039 by grappers
Some more Salad dressings once again c stands for cup

Lemon Vinaigrette
2 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. lemon peel, grated
1 tsp. sherry vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tbsp. olive oil
Salt
In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, lemon peel, vinegar, salt, and garlic. Whisk in olive oil.

Lemon-Dill Dressing
1 c. sour cream
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. fresh dill
Salt and pepper

Mustard Vinaigrette
1/4 tsp. fresh tarragon, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. sour cream
6 tbsp. olive oil
Salt
In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, salt, mustard, tarragon, and sour cream. Whisk in olive oil.

Celery Buttermilk Dressing
2 c. celery, thinly sliced
3/4 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
Pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth. If desired, dressing can be pressed through a strainer
to remove the remaining celery pieces.

Lemon-Garlic Dressing
1/3 c. olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. dry mustard

Cucumber Dressing
3 medium cucumbers
2 small onions
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
1 quart mayonnaise
Process cucumbers and onions in a food processor. Stir in sugar lemon juice, garlic powder, and
worcestershire sauce. In a medium-sized bowl, combine cucumber mixture and mayonnaise.

Yogurt & Bleu Cheese Dressing
1/2 c. plain yogurt
2 tbsp. olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, minced
1 to 2 ounces bleu cheese, crumbled
Mix all ingredients in a blender.

Roquefort Vinaigrette
2 to 3 ounces roquefort cheese
6 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. sour cream
4 tsp. sherry vinegar
Salt
Combine cheese, sour cream, and vinegar in a blender. Stir in olive oil and add salt.

Roquefort Dressing
8 ounces roquefort cheese ( Blue Cheese from sheeps milk)
1 13-ounce can evaporated milk
1 quart mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, minced
Combine roquefort cheese and milk in a saucepan. Cook, stirring, over low heat until cheese melts.
Add mayonnaise and garlic. Cover and refrigerate to blend flavors.

Caesar Dressing
3 tbsp. sour cream
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp. garlic salt
Pepper
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. white wine vinegar

Parsley-Lime Dressing
1/4 c. olive oil
1/2 c. lime juice
1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
Salt and pepper

Oregano Vinaigrette
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
Salt and pepper
1/4 c. olive oil

French Dressing
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1 c. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
Pepper
2 tsp. onion, minced
1 (18-oz.) bottle catsup (tomato sauce)
Combine all ingredients in a blender.

Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
1/4 c. olive oil
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2 ounces blue cheese
In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, vinegar, and garlic. Crumble bleu cheese into the bowl and mix
well.

Mustard Dressing
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. red-wine vinegar
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
1 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
Salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl

Enjoy Don
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by grappers.

More
5 years 4 months ago #15041 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: FOOD!
Thanks Don!! I am always looking for decent dressings! I will be keeping all you have put up here. I have tried a couple - yummy.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #15100 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: FOOD!
OK - now this is one of the things I do if I haven't slept or I am having a bad day. Don and Tom will cringe here :lol:

If you have a slow cooker, put whatever veggies you have on hand in the bottom and then add a small chicken or any piece of meat that you would roast. A small piece of lamb is nice but it is almost unaffordable at the moment! Onion, celery and sliced carrots always give a good flavour and then you can add some potato or sweet potato and mushrooms. Then take one of those prepared sauce mixes that you have bought when they were on special for occasions just like this and pour it over the top. That's it! It actually works. Don't add any water or it will all get too watery. It is not like a traditional roast that you do in the oven, but it is good, nutritious food and you won't have had to do much. It is also yummy. You might want to thicken the gravy with a bit of cornflour but it isn't always necessary.

You can steam a green vegetable if you are able or you can add some peas or beans to the slow cooker about half way through.

Obviously, you can also add chopped meat on top of the veggies instead of the roast, it just depends on how much energy you have and what meat you have at the ready.

I can't tell you how long to cook it for because all slow cookers are different and the newer ones seem to cook faster. I usually do this at around 1.30-2.00pm on high and it is ready by around 6pm.

Not rocket science but it has been a lifesaver for me on many occasions, both home and away.

PS. If you want to chuck a tad of red wine in there or some fresh herbs - that's nice too.

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Mary.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 4 months ago #15103 by grappers
Mary love using the slow cooker especially in winter for good hardy meals, the only bit I object to is the prepared sauces, they may be quick and easy, taste not my cup of tea.

Don

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150