Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

FOOD!

More
4 years 11 months ago #16826 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: FOOD!
Achybones nice to meet another who hates processed foods, apart from not knowing what goes into these foods, I prefer to make all my own stocks, pastes or what ever else from scratch, I know what I put in and the taste is a whole lot better.
There has not been enough studies done on artificial colours and flavour enhancers effects on the human body, the same goes for margarine, one product that never sees my kitchen, if insects and mice don't touch it there has to be a reason.

Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #17731 by Catraoine
Catraoine replied the topic: FOOD!
I love to cook and as standing doesn't punish me as much as other positions can I can simply be creative.

I also like to eat healthily and have a lot of fun searching for new recipes online. I do like cookery books but they can be expensive and often I only try a few recipes out. Mind you I have the CWA cookbook and that is such a good one and I like the stories that the recipe holder tells as often the recipes have been handed down through generations.

I have found some good hints such as substituting Non Fat Yoghurt instead of cream in any recipes, sweet or savoury. It results in a much 'cleaner' taste and is hip friendly.

I found an awesome recipe for a Chocolate and Rhubarb tart, which I honestly thought seemed weird, but the flavours really work well together and you can freeze it. I usually cut mine into wedges then freeze them.

I make a lot of home made soup, with some crusty bread it is a meal in itself and when I make vegetable soup it means I can use up all the last portions of vegetables. I do use a dash of Tobacco Sauce in mine to give it a punch.

Map out your future but use a pencil.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Catraoine. Reason: Typing errors

More
4 years 8 months ago #17742 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: FOOD!
Hi all,

Don't know if this helps but Chocolate comes from Cocoa , Cocoa comes from cocoa beans , Cocoa beans are a vegetable , so Chocolate is a vegetable and therefore good for you !!!

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #17753 by Catraoine
Catraoine replied the topic: FOOD!
I like your thinking. I don't actually eat chocolate on its own but love it in cooking if it is the dark bitter chocolate. :)

Map out your future but use a pencil.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Catraoine.

More
4 years 8 months ago #17766 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: FOOD!
Now we are talking, love using dark chocolate in cooking, the sweet side of cooking that is, like a death by chocolate cake or a rich chocolate trifle, brownies, I could go on and on, it is also nice infused with chilli.

Don

More
4 years 5 months ago #18379 by mrsmagoo
mrsmagoo replied the topic: FOOD!
Cowboy mini cheesecakes.

1 packet of butternut snap biscuits
1 packet of philly
1 tablespoon of baileys Irish cream.
2 tablespoons of butterscotch schnapps.
Cream
Flake, or dark chocolate.

Pre heat oven to 180, place biscuits on a muffin tray into oven for 5 minutes or until soft.
Using a spoon shape into cups, and put aside to cool.
Place phily, baileys and schnapps into a container, stir until well combined.
Place phily mix into each of the biscuit cups.
Whip cream until it is really thick.
Place cream onto biscuit
Top of with shaved chocolate.

All up these little gems take no more than 10 minutes to prepare and are a very quick easy desert.
:cheer:

Taking it one step at a time :)

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153