Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Introduce Yourself Here.....

More
9 months 1 week ago #28088 by Go Nadz
Go Nadz replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
Thanks for the thoughts. Yes I have had fentanyl, it did help a bit when used in conjunction with the kapanol but the effects wore off very quickly and the doctors only want to use one painkiller at a time, no cocktails in the long term, lol. Perhaps my high metabolic rate plays a part in how long stuff lasts. Really though, the morphine still works as does the hydromorphone. The problem is mainly that my age now means that the dosages I require to overcome the absorption issues and tolerance are such that my body is cracking under the strain. What caused no probs in my late thirties is now causing me to stop breathing while I sleep.

Unlike most people here, its not that I can't find something that works or can't get enough to help, my body just can't handle what I need to take and am being prescribed. The jurnista is more effective ( after 20 years that's not surprising really) and I really hoped that rotating to it would mean I could taper myself further than I already have. Just no luck with that so far.

I guess I always knew it would come to this eventually but that doesn't mean you are ever ready when it does happen. I have had 20 years I would not have had if they hadn't got me on this regime. I was quite ready to top myself when I first went to the pain clinic. I am sure a lot of people here know that feeling well and there are certainly worse things than dying.

I had thought about asking for a "ketamine reset" but you can't really ask for anything or it's seen as drug seeking behaviour and if the doctor doesn't listen to your "suggestions" there isn't a lot you can do. In spite of the fact that the only one who truly understands your pain is yourself the people treating you are the "experts" (the definition of an expert is a has been drip under pressure) and seem to believe that as a 'god' they know it all so much better than you possibly could, rofl. Bitter much, probably, lol.

Anyway please keep the ideas coming, I appreciate any and all of them.

Just to finish up, I do wish you all well on your own personal journeys.

Someone once said "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."
BULL TWANG!!!
What doesn't kill you probably leaves you with enough chronic pain that you kinda wish it had,lol.
That said, on the edge is living, all the rest is just waiting around to die.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #28091 by naty
naty replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
Hi,
I sent you a PM.
Naty

I'm going to see my kids walk down the isle one day.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #28117 by naty
Hi,
Hey I was wondering if you take Lyrica for your Fibromyalgia. If you don't want to reply here, you can PM me.
Thanks

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #28118 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
Hi Naty.

Who are you wanting to talk to?
You can address our members in your post!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #28119 by naty
Hi,
Hey I was wondering if you take Lyrica for your Fibromyalgia. If you don't want to reply here, you can PM me.
Thanks

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #28120 by naty
Sorry, I thought I was replying directly to 'Little Buddy'. Honestly, I don't find this forum very user-friendly. I tried again to respond directly to Little Buddy. Hopefully it worked.
Thanks.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150