Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Introduce Yourself Here.....

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #28259 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Saying hello
Astroboy,

Hey mate look after yourself and keep in touch.
If you ever want to vent we have a spot for that too.

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #28263 by michael mc
michael mc replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....Hi,I am Michael
I am also new to this forum,I'll say sorry now for times that I can;t explain myself or my condition,I have had chronic pain for a number of years now and have been trying to stay in the workplace but with not a lot of success as my employer states a drug free workplace is all he allows,Have been on a showbag of meds and pain patches which all have their upsides and downsides.I try not to self pity but never realised what a winp I had become.I have always said there is always someone worse off than me but there are times I have to remind myself of that.Meds at the moment include nor span patch,lyrica,meloxicam,panadol osteoarthritis to name a few.I don't want this to sound bad or wish anyone pain but I am so glad that I am not alone.I used to love going walkabout, footy,airshows,out for a few beers with the boys, all the normal stuff and now i;am embarrassed to admit that i even considered the easy way out, if it wasn't for my wife of 26yrs and son 20,I wouldn't; be hereabout I have friends that have died young and i feel its up to me to live as best as i can for them,Sorry for going on but my msg to you all is, it may be raining for wks but the sun has to come out sometime michael

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #28264 by Duchess Dolly
Duchess Dolly replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....Hi,I am Michael
Hi Michael.....i am happy to talk and listen any time you wish to vent......I have been on all the things you are on.....now i am on twice daily Targin and Lyrica as my pain is nerve.that is not counting BP medication..
My doctor wants to to go off everything and go to therapy......as if my pain will stop.
This is just to show you .....you are not alone !!

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #28265 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....Hi,I am Michael
Hey Micheal ,
If you go to where you introduce yourself and go down to the fifth heading down is a letter to show people who don’t understand Chronic pain .
You say you’ve had chronic pain and have tried to stay in the workforce mate I know your pain I did it for five years of hitting tens daily and working in a mind fog of drug induced haze , I was advised to reduce my work hours by my treating phsychologist which I did I dropped to 32 hours a week having Wednesday’s off I copped a lot of bullying which made things worse I contemplated the end game off the gateway bridge twice (I had a Ute with a hig( canopy) easy climb if your able needless to say I couldn’t get up there .
I was made redundant as the company was going broke and I managed to get work with a competitor for six months at 25 hrs a week then further six months helping a mate for 20 hours a week I ended up stopping work the “R” word luckily my wife works 25 hours a week and I claimed my super to pay the house off and all other debts .
I have applied for a DSP at centrelink due to the amounts of pain medication 300mm lyrica twice a day plus OxyContin,endep,sertraline,circadin and panadol osteo a day legally I shouldn’t drive .
But let’s go back a few paragraphs if you feel that you are being victimised by your boss due to him wanting a non medicated drug free workplace you could consider complaining to Fair work Australia as bullying/victimisation is a very touchy subject and if he isn’t careful he could lose him business as it could be up to a few mill. fine as an employer.
I can give you a bit of info if you want but it is a rough road and proof by way of a diary is tantamount.
Please keep in touch and remember you have a loving family and a future Lund of grand children .
Cheers
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #28273 by Harpy
Harpy replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
Hello to all the new members, welcome to a great site that can help you get through with advice, help and just a friendly ear.
I have been off air struggling with my pain the last few weeks.
The light at the end of the tunnel is opening up and I can see a way out .
It’s been so bloody hard. I do have a great medical team behind me and the most wonderful children.
No matter how strong this life of never ending pain is . I will be stronger.
Keep talking, don’t keep it in it makes it so much worse.
Harpy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louisegreen91

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #28275 by Wendles
Wendles replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
Welcome to all the newbies,
I hope you find the understanding and support here to help make your days and life with CP easier, I have. I have been hiding in the shadows for a while but just wanted to say Hi.
Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150