Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Introduce Yourself Here.....

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #28833 by pamcarr
pamcarr replied the topic: Newbie to this forum, but oldie to the pain.....
hi Jen and Robbo, welcome

you will find some helpful information on this site, as well as be able to speak with others in similar situations as yourselves, maybe the reason for the pain started differently, but in the end we are all in same boat and all trying to manage the pain the best we can

Pam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbo7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 hours ago #28898 by debcom
debcom replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
Hi everyone
I have just joined and after reading many messages, I sadly know that I’m in the right place! I have had chronic neck pain for 3 years and tomorrow is my first visit to a pain clinic, in Southport, Qld. I’m going because I’m desperate and don’t know what to do or where to go. One message said you should go to such places if you are prepared to accept that you won’t get a cure. Well that’s not me .... yet! I’m on pain meds, still go to work full time (although I don’t know how much longer I can keep it going), but sleep 12 hours a day so I can function. Every couple of months I CRASH and have to stay in bed for a week & I’m sleeping my life away. I have a type of chronic fatigue which I put down to my body’s response to pain.
I’m not ready to give up & accept that this is my life because I haven’t tried everything avail yet. I’m keen to talk to a doc about the nerve stimulator and read those posts with interest.
My story: I had a pain in the neck for 6 years, saw various experts like chiro, accupunct, physio etc etc & then I crashed big time. For a month all I could do was sleep, the pain in my head was so bad I felt like I had been beaten with a cricket bat. I was so terribly fatigued I could hardly get out of bed for the necessities. An MRI discovered that the disc C5/C6 had smashed into my nervous system. I had the disc removed and a spacer inserted. Now I JUST have nerve damage!!! I’ve tried radio frequency - worked once for a few months & didn’t work the second time.
I’m hoping the pain centre will offer some options other than, get used to it & deal with it! If not I will be out of there on the hunt for others who are willing to help me CHANGE my PAIN! Will keep you all posted. I wish each of you a pain free day.

More
2 weeks 3 hours ago #28899 by Robbo7
Robbo7 replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
Hi,
Thanks for the welcome Pam.
I am just getting my mind around a future with Chronic Pain.

My doctors have decided there is little more they can do to relieve my pain. I find that quite unbelievable.
What I do know is my pain is caused by two medical conditions.
One as a direct result of surgery that I have recently found out should not have been done and the second being the impact of a genetic condition.

I have been given some options for reducing the level of pain I have. I don' like any of the options. One comes with a level of risk I am nor willing to take and the others come with the rider that I will still have some level of pain.

I am interested to hear what peoples thoughts & experience is when told pretty much that you will have to learn to live with a level of pain.

Cheers

Robbo

More
1 week 6 days ago #28901 by Duchess Dolly
Duchess Dolly replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
Oh honey i am so sorry and yes you are so with people that understand. I hope that you do well at the pain clinic i myself did not after 4years . He said there is nothing more to be done for me .....i have pain damage as well so i know how horrid it is.....learning to live with it is hard but it can be done. I have the nerve stim in.....please if you decide to get it done talk to me so i can help you through it...... i feel like and old hand at this and pain.
Best of luck......

More
1 week 6 days ago #28902 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Newbie to this forum, but oldie to the pain.....
Hi Jen,

Are you jenalialindsay? If you are I’m sorry I asked you for a write up on your journey rereading what you are going through I have an inkling of what you are going through unfortunately I had to give up work and become my wife’s household elf (dobey) no new items of clothing for this elf just hard house work .
I’m very good at ironing the bed clothes but that’s another story.

If this is you I can certainly suggest going to the coffee club site to see if any like minded people want to meet for a coffee every now and then

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
1 week 5 days ago #28903 by Duchess Dolly
Duchess Dolly replied the topic: Newbie to this forum, but oldie to the pain.....
I wish i lived closer to Brizzy i would love to get together and talk to some of you...i think it helps to talk to other in the same boat. Unfortunately i have just been told i have more problems......i have unexplained high blood pressure ....does any one else have anything like it ...it comes on me really quick very very high ...i go to hospital and it goes down in about an hour ...i have been to hospital 3 times with it. as if i need any more.....

""But never give up """ as you said if i wake up alive i am happy it could be worse.... cheers all Dolly

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153