Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Introduce Yourself Here.....

More
5 years 6 months ago #13050 by weather
weather replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
WOW everyone,

thanks again!!!!!! :)

I should have probably explained better that the majority of my posts were long ago in the past until I sought out a Neurosurgeon 2 years ago.

I do have an excellent psychologist and the local branch of ME/CFS in Melbourne accept FM patients and I would go to monthly support meetings there and did an 8 week course 1HR a week over phone hook up and even though my messages sound terrible that was my past and I'm in a much better place today 2 years on.

BIY I do photography when I can and I love it, it keeps me occupied when I'm having a good day, even though I was exhausted I just drove my sister into work and walked around the CBD for a while taking a few pics. I'm getting tired now so I learnt from my course, SLEEP when ever you can. It's very good for people newly diagnosed with FM and ME/CFS.

It's great you have an excellent psychiatrist grappers. I thought I did for about 3 years, he was also the first one I ever saw but I realised he just kept switching me from one anti-depressant, anti-epelieptic or anti psychotic and wasn't listening to a thing I'd said. As in this is not working so he put me on benzos which helped heaps due to their muscle relaxant properties for Fibro, I'm really struggling with memory and I hate not being able to read books anymore, I forget what I read after 2 lines, LOL bloody fibro fog!!

I know those messages sound angry because writing about it does bring it back, but I have made peace with it and accepted it for what it is. I'm just a very sensitive and emotive person and also just blurt it out like it is, which some people find confronting but that's just me. Boy you really learn who your friends AREN'T, LOL NOW that was a hard one to work through but I got it under control. Thanks everyone for all your support and ideas, I'm pretty good with medication knowledge as I was on SO many of them.

W :cheer:

I react to 80% of medications very differently to others, DO NOT EVER let one one MY stories EVER stop you from trying something. We are all so different. It might be the key to relieving your CP. May your trip on The-Med-Go-Round be a short one!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #13055 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
Weather you have probably waited a long time to get it all off your chest and being in a place where others understand and believe you it all came to the forefront. A lot of people come to this forum thinking they have their lives under control, then when they start to read posts dark memories swell up inside and come flooding out as posts, no need to apologise we have all done it at one time or another and once released you feel a whole lot better.
Friends you certainly do find out who your friends are when you have CP, I use to have lots through sports and going to the pub and they swear black and blue they will stick by you, but we all know that isn't true visit drop off slowly or they are too busy and before long you are on your own.
My intolerances has spread to skin contact, soap is out, any product that has a petroleum base and a lot of after shaves, I had to apply for a medi alert bracelet and on the form it asks if you don't know what you want displayed as a warning tick this box and a representative will and talk it through with you, well the stim went on first and then blood thinners, then came up allergies and in her words you have too many to list on any size bracelet so she suggested severe allergies contact medi alert.
Have you taken up puzzles and books like that for your memory problem, they reckon the more you keep it active the better it will get and one day you may just get back into reading, it was one of my past times in the dark hours of the night because I couldn't sleep, I was just about running out of reading material, well one author I did and that was Dean Koontz I love his books.

Don

More
5 years 6 months ago #13064 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
Hi Weather,

I'm so glad you have photography to give you a bit of pleasure. CP steals so much of our lives it is good to have something creative to express ourselves with. Grappers has found his with cooking.

I'm so glad you have the support of a good psychologist. I found that a pain psychologist saved my sanity in all this. And Grappers is right that stuff can be stirred up when you remember about it.

I hope that you will feel that you can come here and vent at any time; you are amongst people who understand. I just wanted to share my experience of staying stuck in that as I had been for a long time to my own detriment, but I see that you have already moved through that.

And it's not to say we don't take backward steps; I know I do get consumed at times with the unfairness of poor treatment plans (am going through that with my jaw at the moment) and also doctors along the way who have little understanding of CP and make what is already a difficult condition to live with even harder. Sometimes it's my husband who is the voice of sanity for me telling me to give my head a rest from it all or the members on this forum who are my voice of reason at times.

Best wishes,
Fee
The following user(s) said Thank You: weather

More
5 years 6 months ago #13065 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
Ps. I like the signature line you wrote at the bottom of your posts.

:-) Fee

More
5 years 6 months ago #13077 by Wendles
Wendles replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
Morning Weather,
I agree with Don that it is good to get it off your chest in a place where it feels safe and with like mind people. I have done most of my 25 years of CP alone not realising there are others like me. The emotion that comes with the relisation and exceptants is very powerful and affects us all differently, I seem to get the keyboard all wet. Thank you for sharing your story and we look forward to many more discussions.
Hope you find a smile moment today.
Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

More
5 years 6 months ago #13079 by weather
weather replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here.....
Thanks Don,

well the reception I've received here has been overwhelming and I really can't thank you all enough, it is very much appreciated. I was lucky enough to be accepted by the local ME/CFS group because it crosses over into Fibro a lot and don't get me wrong it was fantastic but it was for CFS and not many people had CP, but though them the course I did in coping with FM and ME/CFS was excellent. I been having counselling for years with and excellent person and when my diagnosis was changed and finally sorted out properly he was amazed at my transition. I don't think he thought I was suffering from depression but he isn't in the position to disagree with the medical community, he just kept saying there's more too this and things like that. He helped me so much it was amazing.

Fee thanks for pointing out my signature. I think it's possibly one of the most important messages we can share due the the ridiculous amount of different medication I've taken over the years. I've done a lot of research on ALL of them now, and I'd also like to quickly add that because I do have ADD also, PLEASE tell me if I've completely missed the point of your post. I can go off on tangents, be warned, ROFL!!!!!! :cheer:

I react to 80% of medications very differently to others, DO NOT EVER let one one MY stories EVER stop you from trying something. We are all so different. It might be the key to relieving your CP. May your trip on The-Med-Go-Round be a short one!

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150