Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

new

More
5 years 5 months ago #12675 by titan55
titan55 replied the topic: new
welcome bekj.i am so sorry to hear what you have been through and still going through.i hope someone can offer you some good advice and support on this forum.you have come to the right place.hang in there.take care.

chronic migraines and headaches for over 25 years.
intercystitial cystitis.
chronic facial pain due to allergies
irratable bowel syndrome
chronic upper tummy pain
fibromyalgia
depression
The following user(s) said Thank You: bekj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bekj
  • bekj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #12744 by bekj
bekj replied the topic: new
Thank u everyone for ur words. I did see a neurosurgeon years ago whom suggested surgery which I feel too young for atm. 38. I have done pain management clinics thru Fremantle hospital. Found no benefit from that. Had done clinical Pilates and lots of physio. So after all these attempts I left myself untreated for many years which I guess has deteriorated my spine all the more. After recently being crippled I went to Mandurah chiropractic. Dr David Minns who has discovered all these issues. I have although sent my scans thru to my father who is seeking further opinions by another Dr in Perth. My job now although is in turmoil as I work in childcare. Thanks. Bek

More
5 years 5 months ago #12774 by Wendles
Wendles replied the topic: new
Hi Bek
When your CP threatens your work that will increases your stress and thus increase your pain. For some holding onto our jobs is our last effort in refusing to let CP take over our life and who we are. It can be a hard thing to do as sometimes its our job that can cause flare ups with CP. Just remember to be good to your body. I found that when I spoke to my boss ( I work with children)and discussed that I was nolonger able to do some tasks at work she was happy to change the roaster to deal with that.
I hope that you are able to keep doing what you love.
Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bekj

• bekj
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 4 months ago #13564 by bekj
bekj replied the topic: update: getting worse, time for action
:( ok since I first joined this forum, two weeks ago my spinal condition has become increasingly worse. I had to quit my all time favourite job and buy crutches to move about. As previously mentioned I am 38 and now crippled and in chronic pain to the extent I cant walk at times and fall to my knees. I scream out randomly and frighten my daughter. The poor dear who is six had to help me in the shower today, dried my legs and aided me to get dressed. How sad. My chiro has now mentioned that my condition is chronic and he more than likely cant treat me as its pretty messy in my back. Not just his opinion. I had to call a friend to drive me to hospital last night for pain releif. Not much they could do unfortunately as I have tolerance to meds. I am going to head back to my doctor on Monday for referal to surgeon and another MRI. last scanwas in 2002 wwhere I had significant spinal damage but as I was only in twenties spinal surgery was out of the question. I woukd like to ask anyone how the process is likely to get onto disability payments and anyone that may if had spinal fusion surgery. Im guessing that is what I will be up for. It is only one issue with my spine but I guess that will b my first to tackle? Thanks and appreciate any feedback. :)

• bekj
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 4 months ago #13565 by bekj
bekj replied the topic: new
Oh and btw I have done pain clinic through fremantle hospital. In answer to previous comments. Cheers

More
5 years 4 months ago #13566 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: update: getting worse, time for action
Very sorry to hear you are struggling so much with pain at the moment Bekj.

Sending you lots of empathy wishes.

Sorry I can't help you with anything to do with the back as I don't have any experience. I hope you are able to get some medical guidance soon.

Best wishes,
Fee

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153