Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Good Morning and Good Afternoon!

More
1 year 2 months ago #27341 by Mango
Mango replied the topic: Good Morning and Good Afternoon!
Hi Ricky,

Thanks for the heads up on the weight issue. I think Johnno also warned about that one, or maybe Peter. I am allready closely monitoring my weight, as I am trying to slowly lower it. I have managed to lose 6kgs last year, so I will be extra vigilent now. Last thing I want is to add again. I'll talk to me doc on Thursday about that too.

Mango

"It's time to play the game" HHH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #27346 by Mango
Hi Ricky,

You mentioning constipation gave me a flash back, and I thought I would share. In May 2015 I had to have a full hysterectomy. After surgery my surgeon was giving me my first consult and he mentioned that I had a "impacted bowel" and that I should really take care of that. He really didn't mention anything else about it.

Anyway I have always just put up with the constipation as a side effect from my pain killers.
As luck would have it my room mate in hospital was an aquaintance from my small town (small world), I knew she had bowel issues but nothing more than that. Anyway I found out in hospital she had a split bowel or something years ago and has had nothing but issues ever since. She'd had resection after resection and the next step was a closotomy bag. Being the curious type I asked her one very simple question. How did it all start to begin with? Expecting her to say some sort of injury or disease or something. She told me it was because she held her poo. She didn't like pooping away from home, and would hold it in. And her farts too. She would hold in farts. So much so that she wasn't pooping as she should and sometimes only once a week.

Put the fear of god into me. Holy hard poo batman!!!

Swear I came out of hospital with one goal.... get back to regular pooping. So I started taking metamucil daily. I worked out all my meds and things around it to find the best time. (You have to take metamucil with a 1.5-2hour window on either side as it stops asorption of meds). So now I take a dessert spoon of metamucil in a glass of water very single morning with breakfast. And I am pooping daily, and it is nice easy pooping too. No straining at all. My doc is cool with the slightly higher dose of metamucil as long as I drink plenty of water with it. It is on the expensive side but $20 a month is MUCH better than have pooper issues.

I think somone was looking out for me that day, of all the people to get as a hospital room mate, it was someone I knew, so we felt like we could ask more questions (she asked just as much of me) but it was A with her particular problem. Oh it could be a lot worse kiddo.... you need to take care of your pooper.

My routine works for me, and if and when it starts to not, I will look into something else. But holy crap, that scared the poop outta me. Hehehehe.

Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Mango. Reason: Added detail

More
1 year 2 months ago #27353 by Mango
Hi CPA Boarders,

Mango again. :)

Had a rough couple of days. Had a horror night last night, worst headache in a long time. And less a headache and more a hot poker being shoved into my brain.

Needless to say I survived. :P I see my doc tomorrow I plan to ask him about only taking Lyrica at night, the side effect of weight gain and how we conteract that. And if Lyrica is known to effect psorosis. Because man today my psosoris is driving me mad. I have probably moderate psorosis, in that it is limited to inside my ears, my sides, butt, thighs, legs, knees and elbows. But holy cow is it aggrivated today. I must have slathered the sores with the cream like five times today.

So not a great day, but I pulled through and we get to see what tomorrow brings. I just hope getting through tonight is a lot easier than last night.
Mango xx

More
1 year 2 months ago #27354 by Mango
Hi Dave,

Ooo yuck. But think of this way, it's not personal. Probably just your name came up on the random generator.
Frustrating, annoying, and a right royal pain, but if you have all your paper work, you will be ok. Maybe a distratcion?

Keep your head up.
Mango xx

More
1 year 2 months ago #27360 by Mango
Mmmmmm donuts!

I had donuts. No more needs to be said really.

I don't usually eat them, but I was feeling sore and grumpy and donuts made the grumpy go away.
And yes, I recorded them so my doc can scold me in two weeks. :P

But today I had donuts. :)
Mango xx

More
1 year 2 months ago #27374 by Mango
I had a good day today, and not a donut in sight. :)

I started a little DIY project I am working on, a temporary oitdoor cat tree and house.
I have plans for a permanent one, but it will cost about $150 to make, so I will slowly buy my supplies until I have everything and then make it. The temp one is made from the frame of an old indoor one, that I am wether proofing and making sturdy for my crew.
The temp one should cost around $30-$40 to get the few things I need. The main thing is to use stuff I have here. It only has to last six months or so, then I can slavage what is still good and put it out in hard rubbish.

So here is phase one effort.

Mango xx

Attachments:

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153