Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Good Morning and Good Afternoon!

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #27443 by Harpy
Harpy replied the topic: Good Morning and Good Afternoon!
Hi Johnno,
Yep drink lots of water , some say too much, only have a morning coffee , but winter do have a few more .
I do drink grog, love baileys in SOY milk. As I lactose intolerant , but only at Xmas , when I first got hurt I did find the drink with the pill helped but having an alcoholic father I soon stopped drinking, I suppose being scared of being an alco stops me from the drink.
I love pears and oranges , I think I doing all the right stuff but the stuff ain't moving.
Being on the targin since Thursday night I did go to the loo yesterday woohoo. But can't stand the withdrawal of the targin not matching the kapanol so took the kapanol tonight and will get into doc tomorrow to get it adjusted or just quit trying to change meds and stay on fentanyl , but yes your bragging lol lol , but glad you don't have the same problem
Thanks
Harpy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #27445 by Mango
Mango replied the topic: Good Morning and Good Afternoon!
Hi Harpy,

Bummer to hear you are having a rough patch, but woo Hoo on the pooping. Bet that was a relief.
Oh bloody docs, messing around with meds. Withdrawels can be the straw that breaks the camels back sometimes.
Hang in there, talk to your doc tomorrow and tell him you're not coping and need some help.
I have everything crossed you get a better day tomorrow.
Mango xx

"It's time to play the game" HHH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Harpy

More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #27447 by Harpy
Hi Mango
So true being the straw, crap this is the pits, am not coping at all.
You try doing the right thing , go to pain doc to change meds or lessen dose but end up soo much worse.
So true the only thing that came out of the last month is I poop properly yay, lol.
Thanks
Harpy
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Harpy.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #27451 by illeatyu
illeatyu replied the topic: Good Morning and Good Afternoon!
Hi Harpy,

The conversion from Morphine to Oxy is 1.5 so Oxy is 1.5 times stronger than Morphine, here is the chart from NSW Health, hope it helps.

www.hnehealth.nsw.gov.au/Pain/Documents/...conversion_20141.pdf

Ricky

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #27452 by Harpy
Thanks Ricky,
That will help heaps,
I think I had the worse night ever, the restless upper back/neck and shoulder shit is just too much for me, phone went dead a my son had my charger so watched telly ( that wasn't too bad scored some fishing shows ) and paced lounge room till my grand sons come at 6 am, looking forward to their midday nap today. just got back from gp, my regular gp is on hols for two weeks , how dare he, lol. So just got fit in and the dr up the targin another 5 x two times a day .
Thanks
Harpy

More
10 months 1 week ago #27457 by Mango
Mango replied the topic: Good Morning and Good Afternoon!
Evening CPA Boarders,

Harpy, I hope you are coping better today. I am struggling myself at the moment. My jaw is very touchy and tempermental. Once it cracks the shits, it makes life very difficult. But we will survive it. Its just a struggle through the tough patch through to "normal". Something I am sure you all understand.
Sadly tomorrow is shopping day again, so I will be really sore tomorrow night. :(
Mango xx

"It's time to play the game" HHH

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153