Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Venting

• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 months 2 weeks ago #27702 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Venting
Hey Harp,

I see your in port Stephens I'll ask my nuerosurgeon if she can recommend a suitable nuerosurgeon to have a Squizzy I'll check on the DVA site as well

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #27703 by Harpy
Harpy replied the topic: Venting
Hi Peter,
Yes we seem to have very similar problems . I two bulging discs c2/3 c3/4 and two herniated discs at c4/5 and 5/6 with central canal getting squashed, my ddd is classed a severe with slot of calsification which are cause a lot of impingement . I was lined up once for injections into the facet joints, but never got them. I have it bilateral but more severe on the right side, I live constantly with a heat pack.
I won't go into the rest of the spine just gets worse as it goes down.
Peter I did try your cold pack a while ago, I just couldn't stand it. I hate the cold at the best of times.
So continue with super hot heat packs,
Thanks for understanding .
Harpy

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #27704 by Harpy
Harpy replied the topic: Venting
Hi Johnno,
Thanks so much. Yes I am in lovely port Stephens .
Though I do go to Qld each October for a week. I have a little holiday with a group of friends in noosaville .
Hoping to hear if your neuron can recommend some one for me,
Thank your
Harpy

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #27822 by Mango
Mango replied the topic: Venting
In need of a vent.....

I have a great doc, he's been my GP for almost ten years. He is really good, and does care.

But there is one thing that just drives me insane,..... I have been on codiene (in the form of Panadiene Forte) for almost my entire adult life. I have had times were I was off it for 6-12 months, but mostly its been a constant in my pain management. And I've been through it all, to having waaaaaaayyy to many, to going off it. To where it is now, which I consider it the best it has ever been.

Anyway were discussing the Lyrica this week, and the PF, and he said "Well your codiene dependant" and it was in condesending way. Like "You're just a drug addict" which is something members of my family like to throw at me when it suits them.

Now I'm far from stupid. I know that I am both physically and emotoinally dependant on the PF. But its not like becuase I'm getting some high... actually my best friend put it them best I have ever heard "You're addicted to less pain".

I am allergic to most other pain killers, codiene is one of the very, very few I can take. And it works. What else am I meant to do?? He has promised he would never deny me PF, at my current usage - a box a week. I don't think he meant to upset me. But I just wish people, from my doc, to my family, to the govenrment, would lump all opiod pain killer users in the bad box. Yes it gets abused, but come on. 2-3 pills a day for pain that has me contemplating taking to my skull with a hammer to knock myself out for relief.

It really pisses me off.
Ok, vent over. Thank You.

"It's time to play the game" HHH

• Juliemackay590@gmail.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #27825 by Juliemackay590@gmail.com
Juliemackay590@gmail.com replied the topic: Venting
Hi Johnno,
I was with a gp for 10 years who had me on Targin and Endone for breakthrough pain along with my antidepressants, 3 X monthly spine cortisone injections and 3 X monthly VB12 injections. I finally changed GP and the first thing she did, because I was B12 deficient, was order blood tests including one for Coeliac's disease. Well the rest is history .. the reason I'd been so ill was my organs and Central nervous system were being damaged by my immune system disorder. GP gradually had me reduce all opioid meds and start on Lyrica. My debilitating peripheral neuropathy is very hard to manage at "flare up" times and I find myself wishing I could get my hands on some Endone. I hear you loud and clear on wanting to take to yourself with a hammer if not for the PF and also the stigma attached to talking meds .. especially nowadays when it's in the media and docs being reluctant to prescribe strong pain relief. My new GP flat refuses them even if I beg her lol.

:ohmy: :ohmy:

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #27828 by myalgic1
myalgic1 replied the topic: Venting
Hi, Mango...
A doc recently tried to guilt me with the old, condescending, "yes, but you're dependent on it", argument. I simply pointed out that EVERYONE is dependent on SOMETHING, be it medication, that little tipple once one arrives home after work, one's job - in order to keep oneself to the standards to which one is accustomed, to compliments from peers, to air - in order to remain alive. She had no returning argument. HA! If another health pro chucks that in your face, simply point out that they are dependent upon people such as yourself coming to see them, in order to pay their mortgage and that ultimately, they are offering a service for which you are paying. That usually shuts them up.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153