Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Venting

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #28157 by myalgic1
myalgic1 replied the topic: Venting
Hi, Michael,
Very sorry to read that you've been having troubles with nightmares, as well as pain flare ups. Not a happy pairing at all. I don't know if you've tried this, but when I suffer from lack of sleep due to pain, I try to break the cycle by using over the counter melatonin. I take three or four chewable tabs before bed and I find that I sleep much better. The downside is that I feel foggy the nex day, but hey, good sleep is important for pain people, due to its restorative nature.

When I'm really anxious and depressed, as I am currently, I have waking nightmares where some thing is trying to pull me off the bed. I don't see its face, just a dark thing. I feel I'm not dreaming because I can, 'see', my bedroom and the shape of my Dave in bed next to me. I try to wake him up to help me, but he never responds and my heart rate goes through the roof and I get so scared. Directly following an attack, I get pins and needles all over my body. My psych has told me that it definitly isn' t real and my rational mind tells me I'm dreaming, in the cold light of day, but when its happening, its horrible. I used to get this a lot when I was put on Paroxetine and Palexia along with Celebrex, but since I was allowed back on low dose oxy and Endep, I don't ge the ngihtmare as often...just recently, due to, I think, increased anxiety and feelings of isolation and desolation.

I hope you feel better soon. x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #28158 by illeatyu
illeatyu replied the topic: Venting
Hi Myalgic1,

I know how this is going to sound and you may take or discount the advice I will take no offence either way.

For many years I was very depressed, heard voices, saw things it was not a good time for me, I saw a Shaman for a healing and the voices stopped, I stopped seeing things and I felt better than I had in years, whether it was psychosomatic or not doesn't matter what does matter is that it helped, and I think it may help you.

Regardless I hope you find some peace.

Regards

Ricky

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: myalgic1

• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #28159 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Venting
Hey Rick,

Nice to see your still in the wings it gives some comfort ,and mate your shaman is an excellent idea I have a great mate at lightning ridge and his wife is a shaman ,she did both Carol and I (blowed if I can remember the name of the proceedings)and honestly it was a huge wash out of bad thoughts and the sudden ending was like an incredible weight had been lifted off my shoulders.
Well worth finding and seeing if they can help .

Michael,
I was on a medication called pristiq (which didn’t do me any favours) , I had a chat to my doctor and he prescribed circadin it is a helpful little thing to have as it doesn’t make you foggy next day .

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #28160 by myalgic1
myalgic1 replied the topic: Venting
Hi, Ricky..
I don't think it sounds any weirder than a lot of other things I've tried :) Many people say faith in something can help to overcome an issue. Dave keeps telling me to have faith - he's catholic, but after all the blows I've been dealt, losing my mum at seven, then losing my beautiful step mum suddenly in 2005 and then losing my dad and my grandmother in 2009, I'm beginning to think that having god around is unlucky. Every time something bad happens, there he is, in a ring side seat, munching on pop corn, while cheering us on to struggle even more for his amusement. Having said that, I do believe in an intelligent creator, just not in any organised religion, as it is an invention of man to control the masses. I'm willing to give anything a go though and if a shaman can chase away this nightmare, I am happy to give it a go.

The reason why I'm struggling at the moment is because I miss my mum, my dad, my nan, but especially my darling step mum. She was my rock and when she died suddenly, Dad kicked up a fuss about not wanting me at the funeral, so I didn't go. I found out later from my mum's family who attended that the reason he didn't want me there was because he'd lied to all of his friends, for years, saying that when he met Lesley, he was a widower, struggling bravely to bring up a child on his own. The fact of the matter is that he and Les were shacked up in the next town to where Mum and I were living and mum was very much alive, albeit very ill. Lesley had no idea that my mum was dying and she had no idea that he had a child and it took a private detecitve to find him when mum died, so that he could take on his obligations to me. I don't know why Lesley stayed with him after that, but thankfully, for me, she did. So much lies that he told has now been shown the light of day and it hurts me so much, yet despite all of the awful things he did, I still love him greatly and I miss him terribly. I'm the only one out of my friends who has no parents left alive and pathetically, I get very jealous that they can go see them whenever they want or phone them up for a chat. Sadly, with the emphasis on family around Christmas, it serves to remind me all too well, that I no longer have anyone who fully understands me to help me up when I'm down. I'll get over it, once the silly season is over...just feel so sad, depressed and anxious right now. Have a meeting with my psych on the fourth, so I'm hoping he can help me get things back in perspective.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #28161 by illeatyu
Myalgic1,

Firstly I am not a Christian, I have nothing against them but God and I had a falling out many years ago, Secondly My Mother died about 4 years ago and my father about 6 months ago, so I am in the boat with you.

I spent all day yesterday in bed because I couldn't be bothered to get up and the thought of Xmas without either of my parents is getting to me more than I would like to admit.

Anyway there is so much more but this is a public forum and my family don't know all of it, if you would like someone to talk to PM me and ill give you my Mobile number and we can have a chat.

Ricky

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: myalgic1

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #28162 by illeatyu
Hi Johnno,

I'm not posting a lot at the moment but I try and read every post and I jump in when I think I have something to offer, but if anyone wants a chat just hit me up, ill be here.

Ricky

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153