Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Venting

• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #28675 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Venting
Hey Harpy,

You could place a heat pack at the back of your neck and ask your GP for a referral to a bloody good nuerosurgeon, you could try Physio .
Sorry but that’s all I can help with at the mo as I’m going to do my commonwealth games stint.

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Harpy
  • Away
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #28676 by Harpy
Harpy replied the topic: Venting
Thanks johnno
Yes got my heat pack there constant. I am going to get onto osteo dr fist thing this morning ,praying to get fit in this morning
I am loving the games at the moment.
Harpy

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #28677 by illeatyu
illeatyu replied the topic: Venting
Harpy,

The short answer is I don't know, what type of pain, nerve, muscle, joint?

I use Ice baths with my elbows when they are bad, when my arm gets sore I use Diazepham to relax the muscles and pain away for the cramps.

I also found that Epsom salts help, panadol oesteo, I have a friend who gave me some of this stuff https [Removed by Moderator] (Ice Blue® Athletic Blend) and it also helps its like deep heat but smells better.

I have used Lyrica and Gabapentin for nerve pain, and had some success with acupuncture, and I don't know how or why but Bowen therapy also worked really well.

I will send you my mobile by PM if you need to talk ring me.

Ricky

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Peter. Reason: Link posted to retail site, not allowed.

• Harpy
  • Away
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #28678 by Harpy
Harpy replied the topic: Venting
Thanks Ricky
It’s nerve pain for sure. As soon a I move my shoulder/arm it’s sets off the tingling .
So been holding it like a broken arm.
I normally would head for the epsom salt but due to reno’s Coming to a halt we only have a shower.
I was on lyrica but went off all heavy pain meds last year only have endone and they don’t touch this.
Will check out the site you posted,
Thanks
Harpy

• Peter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #28679 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Venting
Hi Ricky,

Sorry Mate, just had to remove the link to the retail site, because we aren't allowed to post them here, but I did include the product name so that Harpy can google it.

And such a great suggestion for Epsom Salts. I was going to suggest that myself. I don't know where Harpy lives, but if near a rural area that sells feed and stuff for Horses, you can buy this stuff for a couple of dollars for a whole kilo of it. If you buy it from the supermarket, it costs a bucket load just for a small box.

I use it when I am in a lot of out of control pain and sitting in a warm bath that has a handful of Epsom Salts dissolved in it, then scrub my legs vigorously with a face cloth, I find this works so well, because of the huge uptake of magnesium and also replacement of some toxins out through your skin. And it is a safe thing to do too!

Harpy, I do hope you can get past this flare up. They are such a curse and so damn distressing!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 1 week ago #28681 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Venting
Aaahhhh Peter ,

The bore baths at lightning ridge oh the bliss of soaking in high amounts of natural chemicals that are at a constant 39deg if you could live in the bath you would .
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153