Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Venting

More
5 years 1 month ago #16364 by peppa
peppa replied the topic: Venting
hi retread its peppa here

i feel really humbled by your warm words of welcome and support and sincerely appreciate your kind words;
as they mean a great deal- to me honestly!

i truly believe that we can,t keep it bottled up forever, so its a good thing, that you are able to express how you are feeling, about whats going on and how you feel about it; in a safe and comfortable manner
thats why
i agree with you, when you say that this is an amazing forum, to be a part of.

retread,
i,ve vented too and let it rip (on the venting site), earlier today,,
so i know what you mean about letting go, after having bottled it up for ages.,
so
please don,t ever apologize for speaking about how you feel about things; because we really do understand.!

retread,
i ,m golad that you can see some light at the end of the tunnel ( so to speak)
because
depression can do that to us- and sadly; make us loose all hope amongst other things.

so hang in there as we are all here for you, anytime you need to speak.

i also wish you well for your forthcoming proceedure and will be thinking of you in the near futrue.

if you are concerned about the possibiity of any addiction issues with the meds, they will be providing for pain relief, please let them know your concern, so that maybe they can find an alternative medication for you to ,take..soeak again soo warmest regards and thanks peppa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Retread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #16365 by Retread
Retread replied the topic: Venting
Ahh peppa, what can I say, you've done it again, thank you. :-) The long nights are getting colder, but you have managed to warm my heart with your encouragement.

All the Best, and I hope that you won't be up all night.

“Today is a gift, that is why it is called The Present.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: peppa

More
5 years 1 month ago #16369 by Retread
"...." Morning Johno, I left the " :) Good" out, because that usually isn't the case til the first lot of meds kick in :).
Hope you managed some benificial ZZZZZZ's last night.

Nag, nag, Nag, a good expression seeming that I am getting on my Hobby Horse :dry: , how about giving your local RSL Branch a call this morning, and let me know how you get on - if they aren't helpful let me know, there are other options. There is a lot of help available, even if you only spent a few months in uniform, and don't think for one minute that you don't deserve it.

I know Nag, Nag, Nag. B)

All the Best
Retread

More
5 years 1 month ago #16380 by peppa
peppa replied the topic: Venting
hi retread its peppa here

thank you heaps for your warm and kind words as they are truly appreciated!

i hope today brings you a day filled with hope and luv- i mean that!

i,ve been up since 4 a.m, awoke feeling like i,d been kicked in the back by a horse again......

so here we go,
pain, meds, pain and on and on and on++++

i guess we all try to find some light at the end of this tunnel, but for the luv of g..d, how long can the tunnel be - honestly? Lol.

i,m okay, i,m just letting off some steam i guess and i,m just tired of the ongoing pain (13 years now) ;
give me a break!

i guess though , as we all know, fighting pain on an ongoing basis, does end up doing this to you.

i try to find something good in every day, but sometimes thats a bit hard too; but i,ll be right!

i never forget though,
that
i,m just so fortunate to have been able to find this amazing site, where there are others who care and understand what you are going through, even if their experiences; are different to your own

it helps put things into perspective

here i go, waffling again,
but its true, this site is amazing and i feel honoured to be accepted as part of it; these days.

anyway i,ve waffled enough
but
i am always hoping that others on this forum, have as good a day as they can.

warmest regards peppa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Retread

More
5 years 1 month ago #16386 by Retread
Hi Peppa, just got home from pathology, blood tests, swabs, ecg's etc., all in preparation for the op I feel like a train wreck.
Just having a break, and then we off to the hospital to do all of the preliminary booking in stuff. It just goes on and on, I will be glad to arrive at the hospital on the 3rd, and just lay back and let it happen. :dry:

I loved your reply, and agree completely.

Hope your day is panning out OK

More
5 years 1 month ago #16388 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Venting
Gordon it makes for a long day when doing all the pre op preparations, you are like me because of heart issues it is not just the basics they do, every time I go for one what is suppose to take approximately 4 hrs takes a whole day and every time no matter how much I drink before hand I can't manage to give a urine sample and the ecg leaves me with bald patches across my chest and legs from the sticky tabs, a big bruise from the blood test that takes ages to stop bleeding, and then the places where they take the swabs can be very unpleasant to say the least, but it has to be done.

Don

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153