Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Venting

More
5 years 1 month ago #16390 by Retread
Retread replied the topic: Venting
Hi Don, yep it's been a hell day, topped off by the reams of paperwork at the hospital admission desk, they even had more for me to take home and fill out AGAIN! I think half the cost of these ops would be accounted for by the cost of administration.
I was on my own this morning and had to get around with taxi's, but this was a good thing, I am using the half crutch contraptions, and finished up taking a tumble on an uneven footpath, main damage was my pride but I am SOOO glad my girl wasn't there, and i certainly won't be telling her, but what an embarrassment. :blush:
My hip is giving me a bucket load of grief, with small fractures in both the ball and socket, and of course when physical pain increases the fibro goes thru the roof, really looking forward to getting this fixed, i don't think I will ever complain about fibro again. :dry:
i had a half hour "power nap", and some meds, when I got home, so I am am feeling pretty happy right now and looking forward to spending some time with the "girls" tonight, don't get excited the girls are my two little hounds :)

I have made the move to contact DVA for some counseling and they contacted me this morning to tell me who i would be seeing. It turned out to be the same psychologist that I saw nearly 20 years ago, she spent several years overseas, and has just come back to her old job. She is a tremendous lass who helped me greatly back then, so I guess the timing was right to reach out for some help.

All the Best
Retread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #16391 by Retread
Hi Johno, first an apology, sorry about the nagging, it certainly was my hobby horse, I haven't really given much thought to the system for over a decade but it just all came rushing back like it was yesterday. There is help there but sorry for pushing you.
On a brighter note i realised I still have a few issues, and made contact myself, and I have managed to get back with my old psychologist, she was also a great help with CP, so I am looking forward to meeting with her again.

How is the Lyrica going, i guess it is a bit early to tell, but when my doc upped the dosage i did manage to get a few good nights sleep.
Hope it works for you mate.

All the Best
Retread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnno

• Johnno
  • Johnno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 1 month ago #16392 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Venting
Hi retread,

I will call my local rsl I have Wednesdays off will call them then.
I feed a bit groggy with the extra amount will see how it goes
It is helping with the nerve pain in my hip and glutes .
mrs m mrs I mrs Ssi mrs ssi mrs ppi is doing well fell down a has a hurt back, but is ok

Cheer & Beers
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse
The following user(s) said Thank You: Retread

More
5 years 1 month ago #16393 by Retread
Hi Johno, good to hear mate, not all RSL's are helpful, if they don't want to party let me know, and thanks for the update on mrs m mrs I mrs Ssi mrs ssi mrs ppi, I hope her back is OK.
I had a little misadventure today, wrenched my back a tad but no biggy.
Yes it does make you groggy, but hopefully for both of us it will quickly pass, but it is good to hear that you are receiving some benefit already. :blink:
I went back and googled Inala today, I can make out where the creeks used to be, and the lakes that we used to canoe in, but man has it changed. All those water ways must have been fed by a spring, the water was so clean we had no problem drinking it, wouldn't want to do that now. :woohoo:
Well mate I hope your heading for one of those elusive good nights.

All the Best

Retread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnno

More
5 years 1 month ago #16397 by peppa
peppa replied the topic: Venting
Hi retread its peppa here

its great hearing from you again,
but
wow, sounds like its a really big day for you and i hope that the rest of it goes okay for you too!

these procedures at the hospital can take time to finish,
but
i guess they have to make sure that everything is working okay physically ( so all the tests ect),
that you are physically okay and can tolerate an anesthetic ,
and
that you fully understand whats going to happen during the opp
( informed consent),
but most importantly, that you are going to be okay when they start this opp .

it can be a tiring- long drawn out process, but the sooner this part is over, your opp itself;
will be that much closer for you.

hang in there and know that we are all out here for you!

warmest regards peppa

i wish you well for the rest of the day and hope that you have an excellent day

warmest regard peppa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Retread

More
5 years 1 month ago #16399 by Eliza
Eliza replied the topic: Venting
Hey Gordon I hope your little miss adventure today doesn't increase your pain too much tomorrow.

And I'm really glad that the Lyrica is helping you with your pain after your long withdrawal from Norspan. You were really brave to drop off that amount without anything else (oh there was a drop of port) I recall.
And I hope your hip op comes around quickly for you.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153