Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

R U OK Today?

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #28152 by myalgic1
myalgic1 replied the topic: R U OK Today?
I've had a look through the website adn I couldn't find where I'm to write about this damned depression and anxiety...Can you please tell me where the most appropriate page is Johnno? Thanks...hope everyone's week is going well

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #28153 by Michael
Michael replied the topic: R U OK Today?
Hi, go to General Discussions and scroll down ... VENTING has its own topic heading.
The following user(s) said Thank You: myalgic1

• Wendles
  • Wendles's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 months 4 days ago #28191 by Wendles
Wendles replied the topic: R U OK Today?
Hi All,
Well many months later and I am still dealing with my liver damage. I have stopped nearly all my break through pain killers relying on distraction, heat, cold, physio and TENS to deal with my pain level. My worry at the moment is that it is holiday time which means a 1400km trip and my body and travel are not a good mix. Did a 6 hour trip over 2 days a couple of days and that resulted in being flat out in bed for 2 days.
Does anyone have ideas how to make a very long car trip less painful with out medication....
I had hoped to have a bit more improvement in my liver ready for the trip but that isn't the case, saw the doc yesterday and the best he could give me was an odd tablet here or there. Today I feel as my pain is pressing me down, the weight to much to deal with today. Why does it always seem that it gets harder and harder that nothing you do, all the work you put in to fight this is for nothing.
Just can't find the smile today

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

More
6 months 4 days ago #28194 by Michael
Sorry Wendles, I’ve no uplifting words that would help .. I love travelling by car towing our caravan but I feel the pain after an hour of sitting and have to stop to relieve the sciatica .. my only alternative is to stop caravanning and I don’t intend to let that happen, so slow and steady gets us there.

Try and find that smile it can be terribly hard and I totally understand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendles

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #28226 by ange
ange replied the topic: R U OK Today?
Not ok tonight. Too many thoughts racing through my mind about my surgery. Can someone please tell me that this freaking out is normal when you are 2 days out from a double fusion surgery? :( :unsure: :ohmy: :unsure: :(

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #28227 by Michael
It might be normal for some, not me ... I’ve never freaked out or had second thoughts about surgery,

Positive thoughts and chill out to your favourite music. I wish you well.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153