Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

R U OK Today?

More
5 months 1 week ago #28228 by Michael
Michael replied the topic: R U OK Today?
Seeing as how I have the window of opportunity open here I will just add that mentally I have been going well, physically not a lot has changed I still have ongoing pain, I’ve had to get through Christmas which for me meant a lot of sitting with visiting family and friends, airport trips in the car which bring on my sciatica like nothing else .. burning pain in my left foot instep ..

I’ve been attending gym sessions 3 times a week to try and get some flexibility followed by a session with a physio, I think that’s why I’m mentally feeling better, actually doing something to try and help and talking to these people is like visiting a psychologist .. they are good listeners and understand what I’m dealing with.

So to anyone else out there, don’t give up on the thoughts that your better days are worth waiting for.

Hope 2018 is the most pain free year anyone could hope for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #28229 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: R U OK Today?
Hey Ange,

Sorry I was out to it last night ontop of endone,lyrica,oxycodone,circadin I had to take an endone so I feel your pain but I wasn’t awake .
I’ll PM you my Mobile if you text me it’ll buzz and or ring a Queen ? song ,I can only say keep your chin up and realize that you will be in the best of hands they will do their utmost to fix you (plugs,oil ,oil filter ,air filter and tune up) and you’ll be on your way .
I’ve had five procedures on my lumbar in the past twelve months (not major like this) just the nerves burnt sacroiliacs ,sciatic nerves etc if and when they propose to do fusion I will be camping outside the hospital like waiting for a new iPhone as the constant 9s &10s (not iPhone 9/10)are mind blowing I am willing to try anything especially when I require endone on top of my normal night time meds just to mask the pain.
I’ve been in some pretty severe bad headspace places and am on some strong anti depressants to help me as my doc and psych are helping me back from severe depression and bad thoughts all due to the unrelenting pain not as long as my mentor peter but relenting .
Hope this helps
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse
The following user(s) said Thank You: ange

• Marvinstorm
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 months 1 week ago #28232 by Marvinstorm
Marvinstorm replied the topic: R U OK Today?
I vr just had L5 L4 S1 fused. I was fine up to night before.
It is normal to be worried. But I assume there must be a good reason for doing this. I also assume you have CP.

My advice is I'd do not go into rehab until 6 weeks after surgery. I did but even hydro pool work which seemed fine at the time paid back big time later. Just walk, short at first pacing into longer walks. It is just not worth it.

So assume the best and be positive. It is important. The surgery is done in pristine conditions by surgeons who have doe this hundreds of times.

Afterwards use whatever you have to ease pain. Ignore the opioid no sayers unless they propose so thing else that WORKS. You have to be quite comfortable to do rehab so don't stint on meds.

I wish you luck and future good health.
Cheers

Nick

• Marvinstorm
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 months 1 week ago #28236 by Marvinstorm
Marvinstorm replied the topic: R U OK Today?
I vr just had L5 L4 S1 fused. I was fine up to night before.
It is normal to be worried. But I assume there must be a good reason for doing this. I also assume you have CP.

My advice is I'd do not go into rehab until 6 weeks after surgery. I did but even hydro pool work which seemed fine at the time paid back big time later. Just walk, short at first pacing into longer walks. It is just not worth it.

So assume the best and be positive. It is important. The surgery is done in pristine conditions by surgeons who have doe this hundreds of times.

Afterwards use whatever you have to ease pain. Ignore the opioid no sayers unless they propose so thing else that WORKS. You have to be quite comfortable to do rehab so don't stint on meds.

I wish you luck and future good health.
Cheers

Nick

More
5 months 4 days ago #28252 by ange
ange replied the topic: R U OK Today?
OMG!!! This pain is insane!!! Can anyone remember a good reason as to why on earth I did this to myself!!!

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
5 months 4 days ago #28253 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: R U OK Today?
I think it had something to do with your intrepid nature. Your need as a thrill seeker to bungee jump and sky dive, so you thought you'd tackle this.

Seriously, it's because you are trying to gain some semblance of a normal life and I think most of us grasp for such things. Just give it time and if it hurts too much, as for more pain meds. There are many here who have had fusions and will be able to commiserate with you, so please know you have people who know exactly what you are going through. I don't, but I know enough about pain to know when one of me mates is hurting.

Other than that, best maybe you just bug the hell out of us to take out your frustration. We don't mind. That's what bosom buddies are for. Seeing we are the only ones who really know what you're talking about.

Take care Ange. You are not alone. We are thinking of you. Keep us informed on your progress!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153