Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

R U OK Today?

More
2 years 6 months ago #24023 by cazlake
cazlake replied the topic: R U OK Today?
Today I am ok, hope you are all ok ?????? :P

On Friday my daughter and Grand daughter came down and stayed the night. It was fantastic to see them . Last time they visited I was really unwell in Bed. So this made a really nice change. We went shopping for her first birthday . Am very excited to be having her first Birthday party at our house in the garden BBQ. My hubby and I have been busy for the last couple of months doing a bit when I can to be ready for the big day.

Well, I do hope everyone has had as good a day as they could and your evening only gets better. :)

Another thanks to those of you who added your advice and suggestions to applying for disability pension.

Maybe we could have a topic for Disability Pension for any advice ONLY to help anyone thinking of applying.
Cheers for now Carol :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #24058 by jo.m
jo.m replied the topic: R U OK Today?
R U OK today?

I've been away in New Zealand for a week for a wedding and surprisingly after such a busy week I'm ok!!! The usual pain but nothing too dramatic so far, so fingers crossed I came out the other side with not too many extra problems :) it's always a challenge when out of our comfort zone but I have been practically house bound for so long that I really wanted to enjoy this time away so made sure my mind stayed strong throughout and just hoped my body would 'tow the line'

I'm tired but ok

Hope you are all ok and today is a good day

Jo :)

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh

The sun will come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!"

Annie - The Movie

More
2 years 6 months ago #24059 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: R U OK Today?
Jo.m,

I would like to spend some time in NZ good to hear your pain levels were manageable it's possible than your endorphins kicked in and helped you through , I found that when you are doing something you enjoy you tend to lock pain away but watch out for the kick back .
Awesome that you had a great time the wedding went well .
I have a slightly raised vege plot outside our kitchen so can enjoy growing stuff less bending woohoo .
The food tastes yum I have a lot of herbs mint,oregano,basil (not fawlty),thyme and lettuce I got a bowl full of these mixed fresh greens and funny enough it was really nice especially with a nice piece of fish.
Welcome home
That's all for now
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse
The following user(s) said Thank You: jo.m

More
2 years 6 months ago #24060 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: R U OK Today?
In many ways we hold ourselves back, afraid to venture out because activities may increase pain levels, but in many cases this is a false presumption, as so many have said, once out, many enjoy the outing, pain is put to the back of your mind mainly because you are focusing on enjoyment of your surroundings and company, going out doesn't mean you have to pay for it later with raised pain levels, just like when pacing chores, be mindful of not overdoing activities when out, it's easy to go overboard, then like day follows night, the pain will catch up with you.

Johnno

I too have raised garden beds, one out the back door, mainly for fresh herbs, then others running the fence line, which we grow veggies in, mine are close to 3 foot of the ground to limit bending, and just over a metre wide, we also have fruit trees, apple,fig,pomegranate and avocado, as well as three different berry bushes, each year before spring, we get four 7x4 trailer loads of horse manure, which is then piled into the garden beds, we get it for free from the police horse stables, after that it is covered with pea straw, veggies thrive, I have also put in a sprinkler system to the garden beds with a timer, I enjoy growing veggies, and you can't beat the taste fresh from the garden, plus you know that no nasty chemicals have been used.

Don

More
2 years 5 months ago #24274 by jo.m
jo.m replied the topic: R U OK Today?
R U OK today?

With all the Christmas preparations it's all about pacing! The spoons run out quicker than usual but for me the extra pain and exhaustion is worth it to see the smiles on my families faces. I have my parents visiting from the UK so extra busy but the distractions are good.

I hope you are all OK today

I realize this time of year is not good for lots of people so sending hugs your way and stay strong :)

Hope today is a good one xx

Jo

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh

The sun will come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!"

Annie - The Movie

More
2 years 4 months ago #24398 by nessa
nessa replied the topic: R U OK Today?
No im not.I cannot believe ive gone ftom such a fit healthy happy divorcee to what i am now.Im so sick of everything.im only here for my boys.. and my pets.I would have absolutely no motivation to exist otherwise..

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153