Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

R U OK Today?

• Wendles
  • Wendles's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 years 8 months ago #23367 by Wendles
Wendles replied the topic: R U OK Today?
Today my body is reminding me that i over did it on the weekend but in my usual way instead of resting i like to prove who is boss and do the things i planned to do and some. not sure when I will learn that it is ok to rest and that I really shouldnt punish my body because it doesnt work properly. :unsure: .
RUOK out there today?

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #23369 by jo.m
jo.m replied the topic: R U OK Today?
I too am reminded today that by just going out over the weekend and 'pushing myself' there are consequences!

But hey, if we don't try we never know and trying to get some sort of life out of what we have been dealt is something :)

Stay positive guys and remember anything (no matter how small) is better than nothing and you should be proud of any small achievement in your day.

Well done Wendles for trying :)

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh

The sun will come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!"

Annie - The Movie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendles

More
2 years 7 months ago #23480 by cazlake
cazlake replied the topic: R U OK Today?
Hi Mrs S,
I have been out of action for a few weeks, due to many things. I am so glad your daughter asked you RUOK, and you fond the courage to get an appointment with your physiologist. I do hope that over the last couple of weeks you have been able to find some ways to help you deal with the many problems that you are facing in a positive and helpful way. Try to stay positive and look for the things that can bring a smile to your face.

Cheers for now Carol :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs S

More
2 years 7 months ago #23495 by Annie1
Annie1 replied the topic: R U OK Today?
I think Im ok today but tomorrow Im going camping for 6 days even though my husband makes me as comfortable as possible I still get freaked out that my pain is going to overwhelm me, and I'm not at home with my comfy recliner to relax in, although I'll still have all my meds with me . Ireally hope that I will be OK anyway will let everybody know how I went in 6 days time. :unsure:

More
2 years 7 months ago #23496 by Mrs S
Mrs S replied the topic: R U OK Today?
Hi Annie1,

I am unable to get into a tent but i found a great zero gravity reclining camp chair which enabled me to be comfortable enough to sleep in at night and spend the day in around the campfire. I am not able to help much with the general camp chores due to mobility issues, but camping allows me to spend quality time with family and friends and enjoy the beauty and sounds of nature. We all share the cost of hiring a portable toilet as we camp in the bush on a family owned property and its amazing how much a boost it is for the soul.
I have even taken my reclining camp chair to get togethers at friends homes as it enables me to enjoy a social outing once in a while knowing that i can be as comfortable as i would be in a recliner.
Hope you have a wonderful time away and that your pain levels stay low
Mrs S

More
2 years 7 months ago #23576 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: R U OK Today?
RUOK

JOHNNO

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153