Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

LYRICA

More
1 year 7 months ago #26671 by Wendles
Wendles replied the topic: LYRICA
Hi Brendo
I am on Lyrica but it is part of a cocktail my doctors came up with to deal with my spinal pain C4-5 and L5. I suffer pain and also migraines due to the damage. So I am on Endep, Topamax and Lyrica and I can function with some use of breakthough pain killers. They all have some horrible side effects but weighed against my leave of pain and the life i was living the cocktail wins out.
I hope your doctors find the right mix for you
Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #26672 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: LYRICA
Hey guys,
Well boom I win I'm on Lyrica 300mg twice a day but my tramadol and OxyContin are gradually being reduced endep and sertraline unchanged.
I suppose having a ACDF op., 8 facet joints injected (lumbar) , nerves burnt L3/4;L4/5 & L5/S1 , sacroiliac injected with cortisone and a possible procedure burning the nerves (sciatica) & today had an MRI with enhancing stuff (chest area) possible frickin Pagets so I've run over a few China men
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
1 year 7 months ago #26680 by Johnno
Hey Brendo,
Don't think we are beating our chests about what we are on and what injuries we have , we are really putting it out there in case someone has an idea or a suggestion on how to assist.
What sort of accident caused all of the injuries you have especially to your lumbar which in itself is a terrible place to have as every movement you do goes through this area compounding the pain you are in.
Wow upping lyrica to 900mg is a hell of a high dose I hope you haven't done anything to your internal organs as they do state the max dose.
I suppose we all want to try pushing the edge that's why a lot of us suffer mental fatigue due to chronic pain and we end up seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist and go onto anti depressants which also help relieve pain.
Sometimes we all need to try and look at the other side of the coin and see if there is a better way of reducing our pain thresholds and thereby saving our internal organs from drastic overuse or strain.
Cheers
Johnno

More
1 year 7 months ago #26682 by Madasha2
Madasha2 replied the topic: LYRICA
Hey Brendo
We're not trying to compete with injuries and meds hun. As you know with injuries, pain and meds that we all have to deal with, it doesn't give us much to smile about so when you see something like what Johnno has said, he's only trying to bring a slight smile to the rest of us.

Cheers
Jacquie

More
1 year 7 months ago #26698 by Johnno
Hey mate,
You've probably heard this before so I apologise now but you need to PACE yourself ,know your limits and don't push past the boundaries.
I start a multidisciplinary pain clinic next week, I've done it before but one does tend to forget some of the main ingredients to the pain cake , and we don't remove them so here is hoping I can learn what to remove from that goddam cake .
All I can say is see if you can find a course near you and see if you can do it ,they are a great learning curve and you learn different ways to lower your pain levels ?.
Listen to your Dr - Brendo he sounds like a keeper and he'll kick your arse when needed so good luck and do as he tells you.

Johnno

More
1 year 7 months ago #26758 by Pugsley
Pugsley replied the topic: LYRICA
Hi. I've had chronic pain for 9 yrs and feel like I've tried everything from natural remidies to strong opiate and narcotics. I have not found full pain relief , most Just take pain to a tolerable level for a while. I'm on norspan patches 30mg, panadine forte, ibuprofen, endep . Tried lyrica a few times over the years. I want to tell you that it does help nerve pain really well ! I had side affects that I couldn't jdeal with however . I put up with it for 3 weeks hoping that they were side effects that would go with time and they didn't . I was disappointed . I finally found something to help that wasn't an addictive opiate or narcotic! However it made me extremely sleepy, dizzy, couldn't walk properly, couldn't concentrate. I have kids to take of and have to drive so I can't live in a stupor . Not everyone gets side effects. I say try it . It works well for pain relief from nerve problems . It is a balance of trying to find a medication that helps your pain without the side effects or addictive properties and being able to get through the day with a bearable pain level . Good luck !
Jenni

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153