Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

1 week 21 hours ago - 1 week 21 hours ago #28551 by Mango
Mango replied the topic: LYRICA
As many of you know Lyrica has been a god send to me.

Since the codiene changes I have been struggling, especially at night.
Speaking to my doc last week he mentioned trying antidepressant for anxiety. As he put it, while I am not depressed I am in distress. And thinks an anti-anxiety med will benefit me greatly, rather than doubling (or tripling) up on Temazapam.

I do not want anti-deps. The common go to is Zoloft, and I HATE that med. Been on it many times and it always has a horror six week (approx) lead in and wean off phase. Now while it did work at those times for the depression, I really don’t want it.

So I did some research and found that Lyrica has been used for anxiety. Infact I have a friend states side who uses it for exactly that. She is on a massive dose, but she has has some major anxiety issues, think severe agrophobia. She does not use it for pain at all.

So I read up on it, and I read that its called an “off script” way of using. I was wondering if anyone else has heard of Lyrica been used for anxiety. I’m thinking I’d like to try it, by increasing my current dose. I already know the side effects, It means less meds, so less chance of interaction and with a new meds its always a crap shoot as to whether I will react badly to it.

Of course I will discuss with the doc on Thursday before I do anything. But I was wondering if anyone knew of using Lyrica for anxiety?!

P.S I am on a low dose, 50mg at night, so any increase would prob only be to 100mg a day max.

"It's time to play the game" HHH
Last Edit: 1 week 21 hours ago by Mango.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 1 hour ago #28575 by pamcarr
pamcarr replied the topic: LYRICA
hi Mango, I knew Lyrica can be used for anxiety and depression, I currently am prescribed 300mg at night, and 275mg in the day, plus I also take a pretty big dose of Cymbalta as well as my depression was very severe and whilst I am so much improved, I still have a long way to go to recovery, my chronic pain worsening really had a significant impact on me 18months ago, as many might remember

anyhow, best of luck if you go ahead with the increase of Lyrica

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mango

4 days 5 hours ago #28600 by Mango
Mango replied the topic: LYRICA
Hi Pam,

Well the doc thought my idea was worth a try. So we have upped the night dose to 75mg and added a 25mg in the morning.
He told me he is happy for me to play around with doses to find the right mix. For now I will leave it with the small up for a month and see what happens. I was really nervous about seeing him, but he was on board. So that is good.

Cross fingers it works.

"It's time to play the game" HHH

1 day 20 hours ago #28622 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: LYRICA
Hey Mango,

You know that lyrica has been a life saver for me ok 300mg morning and night it was a slow drive in a foggy area but once through I have a lot of relief .
Listen to your body and your gp you will get the balance right

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153

Contact us