Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Changes to Codiene Scheduling?

• Mango
  • Mango's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #28398 by Mango
Mango replied the topic: Changes to Codiene Scheduling?
Myalgic1,

Thank You for clearing my condusion. Now I understand.

Yes, I agree with you.
Mango

"It's time to play the game" HHH
The following user(s) said Thank You: myalgic1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 6 days ago #28465 by myalgic1
myalgic1 replied the topic: Changes to Codiene Scheduling?
Okay...my whinge of the day about the codeine upscale..

This has been the third day that I have presented a script for Aspalgin to a chemist, to have it filled. This has been the third day that my script has not been able to be processed. I have now tried three different chemists, at different times on the last three days and surprise, surprise...no Aspalgin. I asked each chemist three questions when they returned my script to me; ' When will your warehouse have more Aspalgin?'. The answer?, 'I don't know. Sorry.' The second question, ' So does your warehouse know when they'll have more?' 'No', was the reply. 'Why's that?' I asked. 'Well, the manufacturers were surprised at the scale of panic buying preceding the upscale and now they've fallen behind in their production'.

Sigh. The situation is FUBAR. I really feel for those who rely on codeine for quality of life. What's the point of getting a perscription for codeine from a doctor, if the chemist can't fill the script and doesn't have a clue when the next load of codeine will be available? My only hope now, is to try and get my script filled when I'm at Logan over the weekend, but I daresay I shall fail there, too.

I feel so sad for those who are caught up in this stuff up because codeine is all they can use. I hope that they did get their hands on as much codeine as they could, before the upscale went ahead and I hope to hell that I don't get one of those bloody awful migraines while I'm trying to get my script filled. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153