Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Scared out of my mind

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #28222 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Scared out of my mind
Hey Ange,
I’m not a stalker so don’t think that it’s just I am retired and I am only offering to call in and have a chat when you are needing some one to talk to .
When you go into the Wesley you go in and register then they call you up and they have volunteers who take you to the booking lounge there are normally comfy chairs and they’ll get you warm blankets if you want one they go through the paperwork and then take you into the pre op area then it’s just go from there .

Cheers
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse
The following user(s) said Thank You: ange

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ange
  • ange's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #28223 by ange
ange replied the topic: Scared out of my mind
Hey Johnno. Don’t stress mate, I don’t think you’re a stalker. I think you are a very kind person who is offering to help someone who is facing a very anxious time. Sorry I haven’t replied sooner. To distract myself I’ve had anywhere from 2 up to 9 children under the age of 10 in my house for the last 2 days. It was good for my mental health but I’ve done a massive boom and the next few days will result in the bust. I probably won’t be able to get out of bed tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the offer to come up to the Wesley to help me get by. I will see how I go and let you know how I am travelling. I’ve spent a lot of time in hospital at Greenslopes and St Vincent’s but I’ve only had one other operation at the Wesley and it was years ago.

I was actually able to have a real conversation with my husband last night and I explained to him how I was feeling about waiting in the hospital by myself and he thought that I knew that he was planning on coming with me. So I feel a little better now that I will have him with me for as long as they let your loved one stay with you pre-op.

But I’m still very anxious (especially compared to all my previous procedures).

Thanks again Johnno. You are so very kind. Do you guys still have a Brissie catch up? When I’m well enough it would be lovely if I could come. Oh, and I live over in Runcorn but have friends that live in Forest Lake and we used to live in Springfield Lakes.

A

More
1 month 6 days ago #28250 by Johnno
Hi Ange,

This is Johnno if your able can you give us the heads up on your op. and if you want visitors at all
Johnno

More
1 month 5 days ago #28255 by Duchess Dolly
Duchess Dolly replied the topic: Scared out of my mind
Oh honey.....i am feeling for you...i had mine done over 6 years ago......by now you have probably had it done......i have heaps of problems but hopefully you will not.....depending on how it all goes.....i had bits of bone taken out from mine.......i am happy to talk to you any time....i will not list my problems now but talk to me please.

More
1 month 5 days ago #28260 by Johnno
Hello Dolly,

Do you live in brisvegas ?

Johnno

• pamcarr
  • Away
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #28309 by pamcarr
pamcarr replied the topic: Scared out of my mind
just wondering if there is any updates on Ange? has she had her surgery? Johnno did you go visit her?
Ange - if you are reading this, just so you know, I am thinking of you... I have had a couple of fusions, but never stayed that long in hospital, you get booted within days here in Sydney! yes, the recovery is 4-6 weeks, but longer for a full recovery, but as long as you are sensible and don't do anything silly, you will be fine
hope to hear from you soon

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153