Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Att All Members - New Section, Plus lifting of the ban on Medical Marijuana!

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #28298 by Peter
Peter created the topic: Att All Members - New Section, Plus lifting of the ban on Medical Marijuana!
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, let's deal with the Medical Marijuana.

Chronic Pain Australia has had a ban on discussing this topic on the forum, because of a high level of abuse that the moderators had to endure. There were too many people posting about the legalisation of smoking marijuana and not discussing the medical drug. Nothing has changed in that regard.

If any posts on illicit drugs are put on this forum, the post will be deleted and the profile banned!

We have now established a position, which is still not set in stone, due to the fact that the efficacy of Medical Marijuana for the use of chronic pain, is still up in the air. The jury is still out so to speak. There have not been any good studies done yet, so it is an unknown. So for now, we are taking a cautious approach to this, which I will elaborate on when I start up the new thread.

Please do not start up a new thread, until I have started it, because the Board wishes to make a statement to you and anyone who reads it. So any post or thread that is started up will be deleted!

Secondly. There will be a new section up the top of the Forum Home page [hopefully later in the week] that will deal with the latest news involving CPA and its activities. You will be kept up to date on the forum home page in the category description as to what the latest campaign or issue that CPA is dealing with. The first one off the ranks will be the current issue of Codeine restriction from February the 1st 2018, plus the debate on Opioid use and the governments plan to restrict that drug, so that chronic pain sufferers no longer have access to it or to regular doses of it.

We feel very strongly about these issues and will make them known to you within that new category, including the first media release that we have made on this issue. I will post those here for you to see so you are also up to date with what we are saying publicly.

If you have any questions, please post them here and I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

Thank you for your patience and for you understanding!

Regards,

Peter Gregory
Forum Administrator

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Peter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pamcarr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #28313 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Att All Members - New Section, Plus lifting of the ban on Medical Marijuana!
Bumping up

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153