Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Targin help

• Celina
  • Celina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 3 days ago #28354 by Celina
Celina created the topic: Targin help
I have had pain all over my body for about a year now and was told it could be fibromyalgia or lupus. I am still in the process of having tests and scans and have been taking Endone when needed. The doctor today prescribed Targin and said it was a longer term solution which I am relieved to hear as I think I was in danger of becoming dependant on Endone. I was just wondering about other sufferers experience with Targin and to see if it is as effective as the Endone for pain. I noticed on the box that there is another ingredient in it as well as the oxycodone and was wondering if this is a pain medicine also?
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #28356 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Targin help
Hi Celina,
Sorry to be of no help whatsoever but we all react to different medications in different ways ,for instance I was popping 2 endone or 2 panadiene forte just to keep the pain at bay so as I could work four days a week which was killing me so I dropped my hours until eventually I couldn’t cope and stopped work.
A lot of people would find two endone would send them to sleep same with the panadiene forte so yep we all have different tolerances

Hope this is of some help
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

• Peter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #28360 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Targin help
Hi Celina,

Welcome to the CPA Forum!

I can't help you with info on the medication. You can probably find some on the internet, but the best person to speak to would be your pharmacist. Or your GP.
Can I ask you. Have you considered or been told about a multidisciplinary pain clinic?
If not, you should ask your doctor to refer you to one right away, because there is a waiting list.

Believe me, if you have Fibromyalgia, you will benefit from attending one of these clinics. I am a Fibro sufferer and I can tell you it was the best thing I had ever done, even if it didn't get me off of the drugs completely. I did end up off of all the really strong stuff, down to p. forte.

I have been suffering this accursed condition most of my life, so by the time I got to go to the pain clinic, I was way past the time I could get rid of most of this pain. However, if you are still new at it, you might be able to get some good results, where you can reduce your pain levels AND reduce the amount and type of drugs you take. And believe me when I say, the drugs will end up being worse than the condition.

You may always need some meds for pain, but you might not have to take these strong narcotics 3 times a day, everyday. That is however, only a guess on my part. The clinics are great for a lot of people and you will never know unless you give it a try. The one main thing they teach you, is how to self manage your pain condition and how to live with it. Valuable information, believe me.

Anyway, I hope you find some answers here, but remember none of us are medical and we cannot give you any advice. We can however, give you buckets loads of understanding and support, because all of us here suffer chronic pain and we all talk the same language.

Take care!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• Celina
  • Celina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #28370 by Celina
Celina replied the topic: Targin help
Thanks for your info and understanding guys, much appreciated.

Celina

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153