Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Newly diagnosed with RA

• leemayhew300307
  • leemayhew300307's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 months 5 days ago #28772 by leemayhew300307
leemayhew300307 created the topic: Newly diagnosed with RA
Hi all,
My name is Lee and I am 35yrs old. I have just been diagnosed with zero negative Rheumatoid arthritis.
I also have Hashimotos disease (thyroid). I was wondering if anyone else has this combination.
My hands and wrists have been experiencing some rather painful times and I have just started on methodextrate and anti inflammatory medications. My feet and ankles some days can be very uncomfortable and at times my knees give me grief. My most concerning pain comes from the middle of my chest. Not a sharp pain more like a constant ache in the wall of my chest.
Does anyone experience this type of discomfort? I have had X-rays and at this stage all is looking clear, hence the diagnosis of zero negative.
Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 days ago #28773 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Newly diagnosed with RA
Hi Lee,

Sorry I can’t help you out but with your thyroid is it over/under active as it can be a fine line in getting the right balance of medication, with your inflammation in the joints I have started having curcumin tablets in the morning and a teaspoon of turmeric each night in honey and cider vinegar YES turmeric and I am finding some relief small amounts but anything is better than nothing

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150