Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Recommend A Rhumatologist In Canberra With No Wait List? Urgent

• Alyndrya
  • Alyndrya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #28881 by Alyndrya
Alyndrya created the topic: Recommend A Rhumatologist In Canberra With No Wait List? Urgent
Hi,

Is anybody from here from Canberra who knows how to get into a Rhumatologist fairly fast? I have no idea when this public wait list at the hospital will be up (I’ve been waiting about a year a half I think). I’ve had severe full-body pain for almost 30 years and badly need to see someone. Considering just how bad my full body pain has gotten this last year I’m really concerned that I’ve gotten far worse through lack of treatment. Being unable to lay on my side or sit for more than 15 minutes without the pain flaring up is making things utterly unbearable. I have pain in my neck, back, buttocks, arms, legs and feet and hands. It’s feels like I’m badly bruised like I’ve been beaten up and have pain in my bones and muscles and the skin. I can barely sleep anymore. I need help.

Please contact me privately by private message if you know someone.

Thank you,
Alyndrya
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by Alyndrya.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #28883 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Recommend A Rhumatologist In Canberra With No Wait List? Urgent
Hi Alyndrya,

Unfortunately on the open forum we can’t be seen as showing preference in any way saying that if anybody knows of one please ask them to private message you.
Could you ring a rheumatologist and go in as a private patient using private cover if like 2% of the population you can afford it.
Or have you considered talking to your local parliamentarian if you go in asking for help generally they are very helpful.

Hope this helps
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

• Alyndrya
  • Alyndrya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #28885 by Alyndrya
Alyndrya replied the topic: Recommend A Rhumatologist In Canberra With No Wait List? Urgent
Hi Johnno,

Okay, I can change it. I just need someone who is taking new patients, as a Google search revealed that a doctor here who was a Rhumatologist for Fibromyalgia was no longer taking new patients.

Yes, I’d like to go in as a private patient but I need someone who also treats Fibromyalgia. Unless all Rhumatologists are good in that area. I don’t have private insurance but I’ll pay to get in faster. The only Rhumatologist my doctor referred me to was the hospital, so I didn’t know if there were anyone else in Canberra who were accepting new patients. I need a referral too, don’t I?

Local parliamentarian? Really, they can help? I had no idea. I wonder if they can help me with Centrelink Disability then, as I keep being kniocked back.

Warm regards,
Alyndrya
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by Alyndrya.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #28892 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Recommend A Rhumatologist In Canberra With No Wait List? Urgent
Hey Alyndrya,

You vote and they work for us so you should look at using them as sometimes just a push here and there can help .

Good luck

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153