Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Radiofrequency neurotomy recovery

• alinner
  • alinner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #29058 by alinner
alinner created the topic: Radiofrequency neurotomy recovery
Hi all

I had L3, 4 & 5 left & right done last Tuesday (24th July) and I'm getting nerve pain - similar to what I had before the procedure. The surgeon said I could expect a 'sunburn' like feeling for potentially up to 6 weeks on my lower back, but I'm keen to know if others have had this done what was their after experience like?

I don't want to run back to the surgeon if this is normal, but I'm having trouble picking anything off the floor or just looking in the lower shelf of the fridge. Is this normal??

Also starting to get a pain down the inside of my right leg. Didn't have that before....

:S

Thanks
Anita
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by alinner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #29060 by fingers
fingers replied the topic: Radiofrequency neurotomy recovery
Talk to your doctor.

I think that is the best advise anyone can give. They are there to help you and answer your questions so if there is something wrong they can look at it, or if it is all normal give you peace of mind. Call the offices and talk to them on the phone if you can.

I have had this surgery on C2 and C3 before, but didn't have any noteworthy side effects or gains either.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #29063 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Radiofrequency neurotomy recovery
Hi alinner ,
I Have had this procedure done 5 times and am seeing my pain physician again on Thursday to see when the next available session is , I have been fortunate that my post procedure results have been good not saying that it’s pain free and your a wooz ,just I’ve been lucky to have a female in charge of both anaesthetic and nuerotomy .
He only time I have had grief is when I had 16 sites in one go sciatic and when I had a epidural with steroid injected they were both painful but the epidurL was embarrassing which I’ll explain to you when your older ..
So saying what I waffled about there are different recovery times for different people , I have used ice to help but if your unsure Call your pain physician

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse
The following user(s) said Thank You: alinner

• alinner
  • alinner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 3 days ago #29068 by alinner
alinner replied the topic: Radiofrequency neurotomy recovery
Thanks - I've had a fusion on my C5 & 6, so understand how bad pain can be both pre & post op. Just curious to see how others went after this procedure - it's good to hear real results / stories rather than what doctors tell you is the norm.

:cheer:

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #29069 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Radiofrequency neurotomy recovery
Hey alinner,

I had an ACDF Anterior Cerviacal Discectomy with Fusion about 3 years ago and I feel absolutely brilliant as I had tennis and golfers elbow in both sides , for four years prior to the op. when my right arm went numb I was referred to a nuerosurgeon the first one injected cortisone into the joint which gave me some relief for about three weeks so I wasn’t impressed i eventually found a nuerosurgeon who looked at my first MRIs and went “oh shit “ I asked if that was a good or bad “shit”well I ended up having surgery within the week and haven’t looked back , but I don’t have complete full movement but what I have is better the being a quadriplegic which is what would have happened .

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse
The following user(s) said Thank You: alinner

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150