• Brett3
  • Brett3's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
2 months 1 week ago #29185 by Brett3
Income protection , was created by Brett3
Hey guys,
Well my five years was up on 18th June. What a shame income protection is. I rang my super company mid May and asked for the forms for my gp and myself to fill out. Got them and straight away got them filled out and sent back , well very long story short and lots of calls,emails and messages left at their end.
I finally got told my case was closed as they had not received forms back from 18 months ago . Also who was my case manager wasn’t my case manager.
I am normally a calm person , I lost it , started crying. Telling the person I have photo copies of every letter sent , date , times of calls to them , I told her I write down everything said to make sure I get it right . I have heard nothing back off them , check your records I am always the one calling requesting them forms that were suppose to be sent monthly. Then asked her to come live in my shoes for a day then see how I would have forgotten to send back a form.
I then blurted our would it be easier if I got my solicitor to handle it?
Well my new case manager is Alex , who returns calls ect... this income protection is a scam, you pay good money for it . Shouldn’t have to wait almost 7 years. I tried to apply for it 3 months after my accident and they told me I wasn’t bad enough, I wasn’t in a wheel chair.
So I am still waiting and hoping to have it settled soon.
Harpy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brett3
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #29251 by Brett3
Replied by Brett3 on topic Income protection ,
Well my income protection has been approved for ongoing payments. They are giving me back payments in a lump sum back dated to June. Supposed to be in my bank this week.
Which is good as I no longer need to pull out my super I wanted that for when I had surgery to pay for the best care. Life just got a little less hard.

More
1 week 1 day ago #29349 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Income protection ,
Hey mate ,

Sorry I missed this but good news I hope your in a better place keep us posted on when the surgery is due

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

• Brett3
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
1 week 5 hours ago #29353 by Brett3
Replied by Brett3 on topic Income protection ,
Thanks johnno,
I got that first payment and they did back pay from June, such I relief, it didn’t last long and got a lot of bills up to date.
I see the neurosurgeon in feb, more talk about my 4 level fusion in my neck , arggg.

More
1 week 2 hours ago #29354 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Income protection ,
That’s a bit of breathing room , now tell your bank and see if they can help and tell all of the utilities your predicament and that would help your case.
Your not in Qld r u
Johnno

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds