Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Recently diagnosed

• charleejadexx
  • charleejadexx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
4 years 4 months ago #19190 by charleejadexx
charleejadexx replied the topic: Recently diagnosed
Wow this is all so much to take in but good to know..
As for pain management in very limited so I guess they'll have to teach me a lot about that as I can't take many medications and at the moment I'm on anti inflammatories Panafon osteo and cymbalta and one doctor gave me endep to sleep however I felt like a zombie the next day an couldn't function however I read last night endep isn't great for CP
I got a bit lost yesterday when he was telling me about my situation I didn't know if to smile that something is getting done or cry as it's not easy to fix
Yeah mines started in the shoulders an moving down to my hips an now down my legs an my arms will go numb.. It's weird but glad to know others are going through the same thing :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Carpediem
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 4 months ago #19191 by Carpediem
Carpediem replied the topic: Recently diagnosed
Hey Charlee,

I also have just been diagnosed with a sensitised central nervous system.

Everyones biochemistry is different and every has a story for me mine was caused by emotional and physical trauma.

I am new to the CP world my understanding is the quicker you get on top of it the better and i have spoken to people that have beaten this and are now in no pain it is possible.

I am doing a number of things to help i am coming up to 7 months now since my injury and trauma i will private message you on here to see if i can help

• charleejadexx
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
4 years 4 months ago #19192 by charleejadexx
Awesome thanks heaps :D

More
4 years 3 months ago #19527 by brenden_88
brenden_88 replied the topic: Recently diagnosed
Hey Charlee how are things going? I would love an update. Hope your doing better :-)

Carpediem I think I have a similar thing to you, a sensitised nervous system, although I have had no diagnosis. I would love to hear about the methods you are using to find relief.

Brenden

• charleejadexx
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
4 years 3 months ago #19586 by charleejadexx
Hey get by with a mixture of anti inflammatories panadol osteo and just recently got out in cymbolta which in Australia is an anti depressant however in the states it's used to control the central nervous system I can't take stronger stuff as I'm allergic to lots.. So mostly I just try to keep warm as the cold really gets me I've got an appointment in June with dr terrace lim to hopefully get into rehab so yeah at work I find really comfortable shoes go along way however being a Hairdresser it's a killer on my shoulders an back but I deal as I have to work and electric blankets an hot water bottles as soon as I get home

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153